Destiny Cabin 3014

Please, is there by any chance, anyone on here who

has had cabin 3014 on Destiny and can tell me if it is OK. It looks from the deck plan as if it might have a door next to it that leads out to a deck? We have pre-booked it for June and now wondering if it is the right

choice? Thank you:confused:

We had 3018 and my mum and dad had 3016 on the transatlantic crossing. These cabins are at the end of a corridor so there is no passing traffic and it is very quiet.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/ships/thomson-destiny-deck-plans.html

Deck 3 is "A" deck so as you can see from the picture there is no deck on this level, just a row of square windows.

The only issue you might have is that being at the front of the ship you get a bit of pitching in rough seas and you can hear the anchor chain rattling down when the ship docks in the morning.

I would have no qualms about being in that location again, although from choice now we book around the 315* numbers as these are more convenient for nipping up the stairs to the Seven Seas! You do however get more noise from passers by there.

Carol x

We sayed in Cabin 3014 - it is ok - small (as mostly the case on the Destiny) but the reason we chose it was because the beds could be converted to a double and we preferred this to the L-shaped configuration.

Jo x

Thank you - if it is made into a double bed is there still enough room to move around.

I have reserved cabin 3017, can anyone are they bigger than the L shaped cabin

as we booked this with a double bed. Also I am not flying home until 10pm will I still get the A1 packages until I leave the ship? I know we will have to leave the cabin early morning but just wondered about the food and drink.:rolleyes:

I was wondering the same thing as we dont fly until 10.30pm and have the AI package does anyone know approx what time we might leave the ship? also is there anywhere to leave our bags for the day and is there anywhere to change and have a shower?

We could use our AI until one hour before we left the ship. Any extra costs you incur once your on-board account is settled, eg for supplements to drinks, will be deducted from your credit card as a separate payment. You can eat as normal, though the timings in the different food outlets can vary on arrival/departure days so check the cruise news.

You will be able to leave your hand luggage in one of the lounges.

You can book a free 15 minute slot in a courtesy cabin to get changed but this can be at any time during the day; what we do in this situation is pay for a day cabin, about £35, which is then yours for the day to leave your hand luggage and will have clean towels for your use. There will be a message in the cruise news near the end of your cruise advertising these options.

Our coach left the ship at 4pm for a 7pm flight from Madeira. Obviously the timing will depend on the transfer time from the ship to the airport you are flying home from.

With a double bed set-up one side is against the wall and there is not a lot of floor space to get round the free side as it is close to the dressing table. You also lose the bedside table which is between the two singles when they are set up as parallel twins.

We prefer the L-shape as the shower room door and dressing table are not so close to each other. We found the floor area more user-friendly. I also liked the big cupboard over the side bed with a more accessible safe.

Carol x

I was wondering the same thing as we dont fly until 10.30pm and have the AI package does anyone know approx what time we might leave the ship? also is there anywhere to leave our bags for the day and is there anywhere to change and have a shower?

As capasamari has said a late checkout cabin is £35 and you book these the day before your last onboard. If your room is not booked they will let you keep it but if not, it's normaly one close by to your cabin . Later that night they will put a letter under your door with your last Cruise News telling you which cabin you are in .

Normal cabin checkout is 9am but yours will read that if you have got to move you can stay in yours until 10am, which is the time your other cabin will be ready . If in a new cabin go to it and the door will be open and room keys on the table. The room is yours now until 4pm and when your done just leave keys on table when ready to go .

Remember to hand your safe key from your old room back in to reception if you had one .

Courtesy rooms are limited to 30 Min's per party, not per person so a check out room for us was a good option .:)

We stayed in 3004 last July for 2 weeks med cruise. Cabin fine, not much noise from passing passengers. There is no access onto deck from level 3. You have to use steps/lift to level 7 to exit onto deck. But no problems with your cabin choice.

Thank you, thank you - I was beginning to think what have I done - I always seem to book the wrong cabin, however much research I do,

when I get on board and look around I wish I had chosen something else, probably just me - the grass is always greener! :mad:

Kalos..you just reminded me :eek:

If anybody is reading this that stayed in Cabin 2076 over the period 16/12/11-23/12/11 , you left your house keys in the safe :o I retured them to reception. if you thought you lost them.

RR

Should there be a reward , just remeber who reminded you RR ;):p

Thank you - if it is made into a double bed is there still enough room to move around.

Hi

It is small and there is probably two ft at the side of the bed (one side is against the wall) - having said that we would book this again if ever we went back on the Destiny

Regards

Jo x

Kalos..you just reminded me :eek:

If anybody is reading this that stayed in Cabin 2076 over the period 16/12/11-23/12/11 , you left your house keys in the safe :o I retured them to reception. if you thought you lost them.

RR

Hey RR, it wasn't you who kept knocking on our door and running away was it? we were in 2130:D

Archived