Boudicca noise/vibration?

thecatcher

Called FO today about availability on a Boudicca cruise and the rep said only a few quiet cabins left. When I asked what a quiet cabin was I was told where there was no engine noise or vibration which has put me off.

Is noise/vibration a problem on this ship?

I have been on Boudicca approximately 8 times and never noticed a noise or vibration but that is not to say there are areas of the ship prone to that. At least they are letting you know you will not be in one of those cabins.

The area that is extrememly bad is the last few cabins at the back and low down. They mark those cabins as 'subject to noise and vibration' and I think they always inform you about that if you are about to book one, presumably on an 'you have been told' basis.

Other cabins low and to the rear, will have noticable vibration, but to a lesser effect. They will move you if it is bad and there is an alternative available, so always worth asking.

Edited by tring

It's pot luck really, in our opinion.

We moved cabins on Boudica last year due to vibration, sat in a chair or bed and you shook. But it was in a cabin position that we had been near before. So we were really puzzled.

Fred moved us, but if the ship is full what can they do.

Also we have found that what seems bad on the first day gets less noticeable as the cruise goes on.

On one PandO cruise we didn't like the feel of the cabin, noise from the old white areas on the deck plans, after a few days forgot about it.

Think the principle of mid ships both ways is a good guide.

Low down and to the back stay away as Tring says.