NCL Beach excursions?

metsfan47

We will be cruising the Mediterranean with NCL in late June. In two of the ports we are thinking of signing up for the NCL Beach excursions. In Corfu, the excursion takes us to a resort at Dassia Village where we can use the facilities of the resort while we relax at the beach. In Santorini, the excursion allows us to skip the cable car and take a tender to a bus that will take us to Perivolos Beach, on the south side of the island.

NCL appears to have no reviews of either of these excursions.

So, we were hoping that someone on this board would have tried either of these two excursions, or the beaches they go to, and could tell us what you think.

Thanks,

Phil and Fran

• 4 weeks later...

Corfu is perfect for a beech day but think of doing it yourself , you dock within walking distance of the town and the beech.

Santorini on the other hand is on of the most beautiful islands in the world.

Checkout the other threads as the sights and views are amazing there is to much to see between the old town of Oia and Fira.

Corfu is perfect for a beech day but think of doing it yourself , you dock within walking distance of the town and the beech.

Santorini on the other hand is on of the most beautiful islands in the world.

Checkout the other threads as the sights and views are amazing there is to much to see between the old town of Oia and Fira.

Thanks for the advice.

What is the name of the beach that you can walk to in Corfu?

Fran

Are you going to Mykanos we had a great beach day there.

We have also done a beach day in Corfu and took a taxi from the dock. They took us about a 20 minute ride up the coast.

Just agree a price and then a pick up point before you get dropped off.

Are you going to Mykanos we had a great beach day there.

We have also done a beach day in Corfu and took a taxi from the dock. They took us about a 20 minute ride up the coast.

Just agree a price and then a pick up point before you get dropped off.

Thanks. This is a great help.

We are also going to Mykonos.

Tell me about the beach day you had there.

Fran

Thanks. This is a great help.

We are also going to Mykonos.

Tell me about the beach day you had there.

Fran

We walked to the bus station at the rear over Mykanos town about 10 mins from the harbour if you are tendered in.

Got on the local bus, 2 years ago approx 1.6 euro and went to paradise beach. About 20 mins on the bus through the country side. Then at paradise beach there is a beach bar, music, toilets and we hired beach beds. Not too expensive.

It was fairly quite during the day but think it turns into a party place at night

http://paradise-greece.com

Just allow time on your return as the bus was very crowded.

We walked to the bus station at the rear over Mykanos town about 10 mins from the harbour if you are tendered in.

Got on the local bus, 2 years ago approx 1.6 euro and went to paradise beach. About 20 mins on the bus through the country side. Then at paradise beach there is a beach bar, music, toilets and we hired beach beds. Not too expensive.

It was fairly quite during the day but think it turns into a party place at night

http://paradise-greece.com

Just allow time on your return as the bus was very crowded.

That is exactly what we were looking for.

Thank you so much for your excellent description and for the link.

This will be our beach day in Mykonos.

Do you, by chance, remember the name of the beach that the taxi took you to on the coast of Corfu?

Did it also have services like Paradise beach?

Fran

I can't be 100% but I've looked on goggle maps and it looks like dassia. We had two kids in tow on that cruise and asked for a beach with facilities. The driver dropped us at a bar complex with pool, snack bar and beds on the beach. The driver said if we hired their beds on the beach then we could use all facilities and we arranged a pick up time and swapped mobile numbers and paid him for the journey there and agreed to pay him for the return when he picked us up.

From memory most were nice Mercedes cars and you need to barter to get a good price.

If you look in toms port guide page 3 shows the location of the bus station in Mykanos

http://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/mykonos-08-01-2011.pdf

Thanks so much for the link to Tom's Port Guides. The map of Mykonos town is amazing and easy to follow.

You have made our beach day in Mykonos easy and worry free.

Fran

Lasy summer we visited Corfu on the Jade and took NCL 's beach excursion to Dassia beach. They took us to a hotel (for me it was a three star at best) and the area of the beach we were taken to was after the beach reserved for hotel guests. We had use of the beach umbrella and beds. Th beach is pebbly and the water was smelly and not at all attractive.

You have use of the hotel's rest rooms.

This year we are doing the same cruise again and will take a cab to one of the nicer beaches in Corfu.

In Santorini we took NCL's excursion to Perivolos Beach, which is absolutely beautiful! There you choose which beach club to hire beds and umbrella. We went to JoJo's and if you order drinks or food you do not pay for the beds and umbrella. The also have a pool and you have use of their facilities

Have a lovely cruise!

• Like 1

Lasy summer we visited Corfu on the Jade and took NCL 's beach excursion to Dassia beach. They took us to a hotel (for me it was a three star at best) and the area of the beach we were taken to was after the beach reserved for hotel guests. We had use of the beach umbrella and beds. Th beach is pebbly and the water was smelly and not at all attractive.

You have use of the hotel's rest rooms.

This year we are doing the same cruise again and will take a cab to one of the nicer beaches in Corfu.

In Santorini we took NCL's excursion to Perivolos Beach, which is absolutely beautiful! There you choose which beach club to hire beds and umbrella. We went to JoJo's and if you order drinks or food you do not pay for the beds and umbrella. The also have a pool and you have use of their facilities

Have a lovely cruise!

Thank you so much, Dianapol.

This is exactly the kind of review I was hoping for when I posted the original question.

I have received great advice but no one else had actually taken either of the excursions I was asking about.

Based on your experience, we will probably also skip NCL's excursion in Corfu and just take a cab to a nicer beach. Which beach do you recommend? Are you, by any chance, on our Jade cruise, which stops at Corfu on Monday, July 4? In that case, we could share a cab to the beach. :)

The excursion in Santorini sounds definitely worth it and we will probably book that one. Perivolos Beach should be perfect.

Fran

Hi Metsfan,

Glad to be of some help.

I'm on the August 6 cruise but thank you for asking. I am thinking about Glyfada beach. I would really like to hire a taxi for the day as to have a nice leisurely beach stop but also see a little of Corfu. Others have told me that the beaches at Corfu are lovely so seeing Dassia was a real dissappointment.

In Mykonos I can strongly recommend a beach day at the St. John's resort. It is more than beautiful. They offer a day pass which included pick up and return to the pier, a lovely breakfast and lunch, a private beach and a pool to die for!

Before leaving they let you use the spa for a shower and to change. They furnish everything needed. 'M trying to book for this year also but my emails keep getting retuned so I will probably give them a call.

Happy cruising!

Diane

Hi Metsfan,

Glad to be of some help.

I'm on the August 6 cruise but thank you for asking. I am thinking about Glyfada beach. I would really like to hire a taxi for the day as to have a nice leisurely beach stop but also see a little of Corfu. Others have told me that the beaches at Corfu are lovely so seeing Dassia was a real dissappointment.

In Mykonos I can strongly recommend a beach day at the St. John's resort. It is more than beautiful. They offer a day pass which included pick up and return to the pier, a lovely breakfast and lunch, a private beach and a pool to die for!

Before leaving they let you use the spa for a shower and to change. They furnish everything needed. 'M trying to book for this year also but my emails keep getting retuned so I will probably give them a call.

Happy cruising!

Diane

I am on the Jade on July 15th , I got a reply from the St John by emailing them directly and I was quoted 70 euro per person for a day pass including a 3 course lunch that also included pick up and return to the ship. they also have spa package

Hi IrishMac,

I tried also on their web site to cntact them but no reply.

Could you share the email address that you used.

You will have a fantastic day there. It's too bad that the time in Mykonos is so short only an eight hour stop.

Thanks and enjoy your cruise

Hi IrishMac,

I tried also on their web site to cntact them but no reply.

Could you share the email address that you used.

You will have a fantastic day there. It's too bad that the time in Mykonos is so short only an eight hour stop.

Thanks and enjoy your cruise

Hi dianapol

The email is reservations@saintjohn.gr

I have an attachment of a reservation form but I'm not sure how I can put it on here. If they don't get in touch after a couple of days pm me your email and u will send it to you.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I'll look forward to your report when you return.

Thanks, again,

Fran

Sat in the airport waiting to go home [emoji24][emoji24]

We had a great day, and I can defiantly recommend, at paradise beach in Mykanos.

Walked to the bus station and there is choice of the local bus at 1.8€ each way or a mini bus at €2 each way. Journey approx 10-15 mins, buses leave every 30 minutes.

There were lots of nice wooden sunbeds with thick cushions and umbrella and all free. [emoji106]

Drinks service from the bar came to your sunbeds and clean toilets, shops, restaurant taverna and changing room.

The water was warm and crystal clear.