noordam's best bars

ABay22000

My favorite bar it the Ocean bar for both pre and post dinner drinks. It's not to far from the dinning room. Very comfy seating. There's a piano and most often a singer and a small dance floor. The BEST Bartenders on the ship.

Enjoy your time on the Noordam. I loved it.

anyone have favorite pre-dinner cocktail bar on the Noordam? Also what's it take to get one of the "dam boat" tee-shirts?" my sister-in-law would love one.

thanks

Abay22000

Noordam 3/19

I bought them in the gift shop in February. I'm sure it's a standard item.

I'll have to try the Ocean Bar. We had dinner on the lower level last year and always went to the Explorers lounge after dinner. They had live music there too, but no dancing.

Carol

Enjoy the Noordam, again. Wish I was with you, since I just great memories of our time there.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Tammie

Although we have not sailed on the noordam, we have certainly cruised on quite a few other dam ships and we love the Crow's Nest.

Don't tell them that!

Always say that the "Ocean Bar" is best. We wouldn't want the Crow's Nest to get crowded, would we? ;)

I'll have to try the Ocean Bar. We had dinner on the lower level last year and always went to the Explorers lounge after dinner. They had live music there too, but no dancing.

Aah - but they do have chocolate! And my impression is that that's where the classical chamber music usually is - which is lovely after dinner if you want a restful idyll before retiring for the evening.

But the OP was asking about before dinner - for that, I agree - Ocean Bar is nice. (This opinion is based on Westerdam, not Noordam, but I think they're similar.)

I have to give another vote for the Ocean Bar, but I also enjoy the Emplorer's Lounge after dinner and the Crow's Nest later at night. Our 2nd time on the Noordam we spend far more time in the Crow's Nest but that was because our favorite Bar staff was working the Crow's Nest. Where a few months before they were in the Ocean Bar:)

That's a tough one...each bar has its own, special touch. We have enjoyed the Ocean Bar, Explorer's Lounge and the Piano Bar, depending on the 'vibe' of the moment. You are fortunate to be looking forward to the lovely Noordam. Enjoy the anticipation and have a wonderful cruise! (You too, 'mom'...have a great time!!:) )

I was just thinking today that you must be getting ready to board...I am a little jealous:rolleyes: but at least we will be on Westerdam in March. There was something quite lovely and special about sailing from NYC, I think. I will always remember that. And we were so fortunate to have calm seas last Feb. All in all, it was a trip to remember for us. I wish you a wonderful time...perhaps we will sail Noordam again some day. I still keep in touch with one of the Lido managers. It would be wonderful to see that young man again someday...:)

By the way, I think you forgot your eyedrops last year?? And I forgot my ear drops for swimming...make sure you check your packing list, ok?;) It's still a bit early for us to pack but I am not forgetting those drops again this year...we had to look for them in St. Maarten when we visited friends on the island last year. Luckily, they knew a local pharmacy.

That's a tough one...each bar has its own, special touch. We have enjoyed the Ocean Bar, Explorer's Lounge and the Piano Bar, depending on the 'vibe' of the moment. You are fortunate to be looking forward to the lovely Noordam. Enjoy the anticipation and have a wonderful cruise! (You too, 'mom'...have a great time!!:) )

Hi caribbean girl! When is your cruise on the Westerdam? We leave on Wednesday...same as Carol and Sam.

She's all packed and that's making me nervous...I'm "sort of" packed...not 100% yet!

We enjoyed the Explorer's Lounge many nights after dinner last year...and, for some reason, missed Kory Simon in the Piano Bar. From what I understand, he's no longer on the Noordam. Will try that this year and also the Crow's Nest.

By the way, I think you forgot your eyedrops last year?? And I forgot my ear drops for swimming...make sure you check your packing list, ok?;) It's still a bit early for us to pack but I am not forgetting those drops again this year...we had to look for them in St. Maarten when we visited friends on the island last year. Luckily, they knew a local pharmacy.

That's so funny that you remember that. The eye drops are packed...two kinds. As I always do, I have a pharmacy with me, but always forget the one thing I need. I'm sure you'll love the Westerdam too.

Hi caribbean girl! When is your cruise on the Westerdam? We leave on Wednesday...same as Carol and Sam.

She's all packed and that's making me nervous...I'm "sort of" packed...not 100% yet!

We enjoyed the Explorer's Lounge many nights after dinner last year...and, for some reason, missed Kory Simon in the Piano Bar. From what I understand, he's no longer on the Noordam. Will try that this year and also the Crow's Nest.

We leave March 9...and Kory is on Westerdam, I believe!!:p Have a great time on Noordam!:)

Archived