Website Cruise Calendar

Stumblefoot

In case any SS personnel read this forum, just a quick note to let you know that the silversea.com homepage "Find Your Cruise" dialog box has stopped working. When you select any month, or ship, from the dialog boxes to review future cruises, the system fails to execute the filter and instead takes you to the "Cruise Results" page whereby it lists all 478 voyages that are presently available for sale across the entire line. So, you have to perform two extra steps and filter the results from the "Cruise Results" page. This is frustrating as it wastes time, especially when you consider the filtering capability is provided as an option on the home page.

In case any SS personnel read this forum, just a quick note to let you know that the silversea.com homepage "Find Your Cruise" dialog box has stopped working. When you select any month, or ship, from the dialog boxes to review future cruises, the system fails to execute the filter and instead takes you to the "Cruise Results" page whereby it lists all 478 voyages that are presently available for sale across the entire line. So, you have to perform two extra steps and filter the results from the "Cruise Results" page. This is frustrating as it wastes time, especially when you consider the filtering capability is provided as an option on the home page.

Search seems to be working ok for me at the moment using google chrome.

Just in case, try clearing your internet cache in case thats the problem. It could be its browser specific, but it is definitely ok this end for me.

Thank you Les. I'm using Google Chrome too and am terribly embarrassed that I didn't think about clearing my cache first before posting the new thread.

Did it work? (Im assuming it did.... good news if it did....) (y)

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact problem using both safari & chrome.

Interested in searching for cruises in2018, but no matter what filter I put in, it shows Me ALL cruises starting April 2017. And I'd f I go forward a few pages, it shows nothing.

I have never logged in before with safari, so don't know why clearing cache would be a factor there. Plus I do not know how to clear cache on an iPad. Sure does not make a good impression that one has to be something of a computer guru to use SS's site. Planning in switching from crystal, but this is not helping me.

To clear your cache on an iPad, open settings and select "Clear History and Website Data".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, but, I do not want to clear my browsing history, etc. makes it much harder to go to web pages I visit frequently. Do not understand why I can see schedules on other lines but not on SS unless I erase my history! They should make is easy to use their site, not more difficult. :-(

Thanks, but, I do not want to clear my browsing history, etc. makes it much harder to go to web pages I visit frequently. Do not understand why I can see schedules on other lines but not on SS unless I erase my history! They should make is easy to use their site, not more difficult. :-(

Agreed, you shouldn't need to, though it's also true the fault could be with the browser.

When stumblefoot had the problem earlier I was unable to see the problem, hence my suggestion which seemed to resolve it.

Yours is more complex and I do agree SS has a website issue to resolve.

Using a PC I can't see the problem.

Using an iPad, it seems to be ok using Chrome and Safari, but I'm not able to select 2018 but I can go through month by month.

On an iPhone, chrome is doing the same thing and ok and filters being reset when requested, but in safari, the filters are not working initially or when wanting to filter further. Selecting a month or just 2018 does nothing. Strangely, the iPhone was the only device that gave a full year selection as an option.

Anyway, I concur...... silversea most definitely need to sort out their website searches.

Sunday I did all the typical things to clear out previous visits to Silversea and even switched computers, using one I rarely use to visit the Silversea website, and had the same problem as Stumblefoot. I finally gave up. Just tried it this morning and it seems to be working so I guess they discovered and fixed the issue.

Sunday I did all the typical things to clear out previous visits to Silversea and even switched computers, using one I rarely use to visit the Silversea website, and had the same problem as Stumblefoot. I finally gave up. Just tried it this morning and it seems to be working so I guess they discovered and fixed the issue.

It's still not working on an iphone using safari.

That reminds me talking about calendars.... I need to pay in full today to get the 10% discount!

It's still not working on an iphone using safari.

That reminds me talking about calendars.... I need to pay in full today to get the 10% discount!

We paid Friday! It was due today but I didn't want to press my luck. We book through a TA so I like to build in some extra time. Couldn't pass up the discount.

I did just check using Safari on my iPhone and it is working for me. The interesting thing I noticed is that our cruise says it's leaving from Naples but if highlighted and clicked for details it reverts back to Civitavecchia (Rome) which is/was the original and hopefully correct embarkation port. Guess I'll call Silversea to clarify but I'm pretty sure Naples is a mistake.

We paid Friday! It was due today but I didn't want to press my luck. We book through a TA so I like to build in some extra time. Couldn't pass up the discount.

I did just check using Safari on my iPhone and it is working for me. The interesting thing I noticed is that our cruise says it's leaving from Naples but if highlighted and clicked for details it reverts back to Civitavecchia (Rome) which is/was the original and hopefully correct embarkation port. Guess I'll call Silversea to clarify but I'm pretty sure Naples is a mistake.

They called at lunch time... they've taken their pound of flesh and I'm now officially paid in full for both cruises. Fingers crossed the offers come flooding in again :-)

Just rechecked in safari on the iPhone. The secondary filters are working as it's meant to, but the initial filter is still not working for me and I think it's now as Stumblefoot said his initial problems were

They called at lunch time... they've taken their pound of flesh and I'm now officially paid in full for both cruises. Fingers crossed the offers come flooding in again :-)

Just rechecked in safari on the iPhone. The secondary filters are working as it's meant to, but the initial filter is still not working for me and I think it's now as Stumblefoot said his initial problems were

Yes, my issue was with the initial filters on the home page. But, your "clear the cache" solution resolved it. Thx!

I called Silversea and asked about why the search for our cruise shows Naples as the embarkation port but the detailed itinerary correctly shows Cititavecchia. They tried and saw the same thing. Got a "That's wrong. Something is broke." Confirmed Cititavecchia is correct. The phone rep I talked to was unaware, at least until I called, that there was a problem with the website.

Speaking of offers I wonder now that the early booking offer has expired if Silversea will have to throw another incentive out there. Far as I can tell there are still a lot of cabins available on our cruise so they may have to do something. Of course that doesn't mean we'd get to take advantage of any new offer as the fine print often limits new incentives to new bookings. You can always hope and generally Silversea has been pretty good about added incentives.

I called Silversea and asked about why the search for our cruise shows Naples as the embarkation port but the detailed itinerary correctly shows Cititavecchia. They tried and saw the same thing. Got a "That's wrong. Something is broke." Confirmed Cititavecchia is correct. The phone rep I talked to was unaware, at least until I called, that there was a problem with the website.

Speaking of offers I wonder now that the early booking offer has expired if Silversea will have to throw another incentive out there. Far as I can tell there are still a lot of cabins available on our cruise so they may have to do something. Of course that doesn't mean we'd get to take advantage of any new offer as the fine print often limits new incentives to new bookings. You can always hope and generally Silversea has been pretty good about added incentives.

Mark my words.... the 10% off will still be running tomorrow.

It's a gamble... you could have been ok for a while, but there is a danger the price could have gone up

It's a gamble... you could have been ok for a while, but there is a danger the price could have gone up
That is my biggest concern, especially on the Muse which has implemented large price increases already.

That is my biggest concern, especially on the Muse which has implemented large price increases already.

Although I did still go ahead and pay, I did ask how booking on my Spirit cruise was going and he said 30% full. That sounds pretty low to me so I'm hoping they might add a few incentives which I'm eligible to say thank you for. He seemed to think it would be unlikely until the end of the summer. I'm not so sure, though I half expect on this one what's given in one hand is taken away with the other. The important part is not being physically worse off by booking early. I'm not bothered too much about paying in advance... it's not like I'm missing out on interest from the bank!

In the meantime.... no change so far. I expect that'll be done sometime this morning from head office in Florida.

Can anyone help ? - The problem seems to be getting worse on Google Chrome in that no Cruise Schedule seems to be available. I have tried numerous ways to get in but their is no response. Are Others having the same problem ?

Can anyone help ? - The problem seems to be getting worse on Google Chrome in that no Cruise Schedule seems to be available. I have tried numerous ways to get in but their is no response. Are Others having the same problem ?

I'm using chrome on a PC at work and it's all working fine with that.

Have you tried internet explorer or another different browser? I agree there are definitely things not working right now (as it's not on my iPhone in safari) but chrome has not been a problem on the few PCs I use.

Thank you Les 37b - I have tried Internet Explorer and it is better but not fully operational. Hopefully someone from SS will get to grips with their Website before too long - all other websites are functioning well.

Many thanks for your response.

Thank you Les 37b - I have tried Internet Explorer and it is better but not fully operational. Hopefully someone from SS will get to grips with their Website before too long - all other websites are functioning well.

Many thanks for your response.

It seems to be very intermittent. I just witnessed the problem myself using Chrome.