Muse Maiden Voyage Roll Call Spring 2017

WesW

Has Silversea tried to be too clever with the debut voyages of the Muse?

Early indications were that this would be on May 3rd to tie in with the end of the world cruise, but this voyage is now described as the "inaugural Venetian Society cruise". Sharp eyes will have picked up that it is, in fact, the sixth sailing by the Muse - voyage 6706.

What has finally emerged is that the inaugural, maiden, is 6705 on April 20th. Voyage 6704 is not on public sale and we have booked 6703, sail date April 10th, which is the first public opportunity to sail on her.

We understand that we were not alone in expressing a desire for a short, three day dash - ish taster voyage at the start of the Muse's maiden season. Instead SS seems to have tried to market two inaugurals in an attempt to entice people to book. Comments on this forum suggest that SS will be very disappointed.

As an aside, the daily rate for voyage 6703 is markedly lower than 6705 and 6706. There is of course the high risk that we will be sailing with a significant proportion of Fincanteiri technicians, but it at least gives us an opportunity to try out the Muse for the lowest cost of these three voyages referred to here. Being an 8 night sailing, in theory we can try a different restaurant each night!!

To date we have seen no comment about how many of the eight restaurants will attract a "nominal" cover charge, but one can surmise that this will be the case in the French and the Asian venues.

We have been wanting to cruise the Eastern seaboard of the US, in particular the Carolinas, for some time, and the sailing from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale looks highly attractive.

Will anyone be joining us on April 10th in Monte Carlo?! - or will you all wait our CC posts as the cruise progresses?!!

Interesting comments re dates of voyages.We obtained a quote recently for WC 2017 which stated the first three days of the Muse maiden voyage would be included after completion of the WC in Monte Carlo on the 3/5/17.This would mean completing the WC in Rome on 6/5/17.Its all a little confusing!

Update to the Muse Maiden roll call (will continue to update this roll call, unless a Muse Maiden cruiser volunteers to take over this roll call) Ida and I also have decided not to cruise on the Maiden, and will wait until we hear first hand reports from Muse cruisers before or if we will book the Muse.
Wes, what happened to cause so many folks to change their plans?

Today's Daily Mail newspaper confirms worst fears that maiden voyage of the Muse in April 2017 is chartered at substantially reduced price.Hard to believe SS cannot sell out a Maiden Voyage for a new ship to loyal clients without resorting to a charter eighteen months in advance of sailing date.

Not hard to believe at all..... many people that I used to sail occasionally with will no longer go to SS for anything....They sight poor service and lack of 'sophisticated' innovation....not to mention lapses in quality food and wine products.....SS needs to bring itself into the 21st century with innovative yet comfortable product offerings to a very smart clientele who are more concerned about luxury and style than 'ageing' at sea with a line that is now known on the street as 'yesterdays news'.......just sayin'

Not hard to believe at all..... many people that I used to sail occasionally with will no longer go to SS for anything....They sight poor service and lack of 'sophisticated' innovation....not to mention lapses in quality food and wine products.....SS needs to bring itself into the 21st century with innovative yet comfortable product offerings to a very smart clientele who are more concerned about luxury and style than 'ageing' at sea with a line that is now known on the street as 'yesterdays news'.......just sayin'

Oh my.......:confused:

Dusababy aka Mary Ann

The concept of a ' Discount ' is interesting - having compared the SS Prices with those shown on the UK Advert by this Agent they still appear over £1000 more ( their Prices do include Economy Air + 2 Nights in a Nice Hotel ) - this does not seem to me to be much of a Discount ?

Hi Mayflower,

We too don't understand where the "discount" arises. Our calculation after stripping out the cruise fare suggests the cost for UK round trip airfare, two nights in an hotel and transfers to and from the ship to be a £1000, which does not sound cheap.

Master Echo & Mayflower1,

Apologies for not checking the SS prices before posting, I agree there is no concept of a discount here, other than in the marketing of the 'offer'.

A BA return to Nice at the same time next year would cost about £120-£130, so the remainder of the £1000 ought to be buying some seriously luxurious accommodation. Somehow I doubt this will be the case.

No apologies necessary Silver Spectre - we tend to believe Adverts until we delve further.

I have to admit that this Agent Packages well but where they got the original Price from is a mystery ( The SS Web Price has not changed from Day 1 ).

I have met a number of People who have travelled with this Agent on various Lines and sometimes the Service received is not always as slick as the original Advert might suggest. Perhaps those of us who have used the same Agent for Years and manage our own Flights/Transfers etc are too picky ?

Its a very cold Morning so thoughts of a Cruise are always good.

We have used this agent for the past 3 years and have had good service. I agree that the figures for the Muse cruise dont stack up. I'm surprised because their packages generally offer added value - especially where the itinerary includes flights and hotels. For example we did a Far East thing that would have been £1500 more each if booked independently.

I think the message is to accept nothing at face value and do one's own costings.

I think I have to blame SS for this as they no longer print the Times onboard and non of the FT, Times or Telegraph is available via the Pressreader app, so that only leaves the DM:o

Truly, this is the harbinger of the apocalypse.:eek:

• 1 year later...

Funny, I just checked the intro to this thread. We were here! I do not see any of you! I LOVE the ship and wish I could stay until she gets to NYC! Book it. Details coming. As you know...the road to hell is paved with good intentions! 😊🚢👍🏻🍀💚💶

Hello Duct Tape

So pleased to hear that you too like the Silver Muse. Here's to Montreal to FLL in September!!:)

Please give our regards to Paolo, Jimmy, Josh and the Voices of Silversea.

Wishing you fair skies and calm seas.

With all best wishes to you both

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Kudos duct tape for y'all sticking with your Muse Maiden voyage booking. Y'all are the only couple out of the ten of us who originally planned to book this voyage.

Piggy back off Master Echo's warm sentiment's noted above. Just wonderful to hear both Mr. duct tape and you love the ship. Look forward to reading more about your fav (how do you like the larger pool?) Muse spots and not so fav (if any) spots.