Whisper/Muse

zqtchas

Whisper is going to cancel the Nice call 5/2 ( scheduled high winds ?) and reposition to Villefranche so as to coordinate a same location with the Muse in a safe harbor. Then we Whisper's can visit the Muser's.

BTW at JFK there were at least 15 wheelchairs preboarding. Most I've ever seen. Even the gate agent said the same.

Hello zqtchas! How is it going in the Whisper? I tend to think you boarded yesterday, but may be wrong. Sorry about the Nice cancellation, but Villefranche is quite near, is it not? I've enjoyed Nice, but did not go to Villefranche. Hope you write comments about the ship and the ports. I will meet you soon in Barcelona, enjoy your segments!!

I can see a mistral wind forecast for early next week - quite common in the spring and can go up to 35kmh, and cold, as it sweeps down form teh north and over the Alps. Whisper is small enough to dock in Nice, but I suspect Muse might be too large to dock there, and Villefranche is much more sheltered if you are at anchor. As noted above, there is very little distance between Villefranche and Nice, only the bulk of Mont Boron, which is what makes it sheltered. You will need to tender, of course, and things look a little busy in port that day. Don't miss Jean Cocteau's Chapelle St Pierre, the fisherman's chapel which is right on the harbour front. It is pink and square.

Virginia, not much of a poster! Not fond of typing. Not missing Nice, been there, done that.

Re tendering, tired of that. So much for small ships that can go where the big ships can't. Mostly looking forward to a Muse visit. Will try to visit the museum. There is supposed to be a presentation by the big guys on the next World Cruise on this ship.

Charles.

Will mention that I sprained my ankle the first evening on board. Went to see Doc Maria after dinner and she outfitted me with a cane and all the things that go with it gratis. Turns out that Oliver ( bartender) plus our butler has gone through the same routine with same doc. Oliver provides me with a stool to elevate my foot. What a guy!