Silversea, crystal, seabourn: Compare spa

sapphovermont

I doubt any of the spas have monogrammed towels nowadays. If they did, they would be pinched as souvenirs. :)

Actually, some people do care. There are spa rats who visit the spa every day for steam or sauna or showers. (One of those cruise lines has no free standing showers in standard suites.).

In fact, I have asked (and don't think I have had a definitive response) as to whether access to the Silversea Spirit spa is free. When I was last on Spirit they charged for sauna/steam if you were not getting a treatment.

I agree the treatments are likely to be the same, and if one is lying face down on a massage table nothing much matters.

But there are differences in size of the spa areas, how many passengers you are sharing the spa area with, how often one has to wait for a shower or there is no room in the sauna, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Jeff, somebody once asked me what is the difference between a outside cabin to a inside cabin. My reply was the inside cabin was on the inside of the ship and the outside cabin is outside the ship. I said it with a straight face.

Miles

Jeff, somebody once asked me what is the difference between a outside cabin to a inside cabin. My reply was the inside cabin was on the inside of the ship and the outside cabin is outside the ship. I said it with a straight face.

Miles

I have to ask....what was the reaction?

Miles

Miles,

Your cruise bon mots reminded me of one of the funniest I heard ..... and it wasn't just the situation but the reply that has become almost a morphed reply to anything where we have made a bit of a twit of ourselves.

A long time ago a friend or mine who is a UK cruise agent chartered one of the small Seadreams for Monaco week and much to wifey and my joy we were invited and of course it would have been churlish to say "no" and we had a great time. Life doesn't get much better than a week in Cannes for the Film Festival followed by a week or so in Monaco on a boat!

The cruise had some paying punters but also our hosts staff and extended family. On our last night "mein host" commandeered the best space on the ship and had a large table prepared for the final supper and next to me was seated the most gorgeous young thing, and employee of my friend. What she might have lost a little in the cranium she had more than made up for in the looks department and she was simply lovely and flirty and delighful company albeit a touch slow on acceleration in intelligent conversation department.

Anyway food was ordered and we were three quarters of our way through the main course when she clearly was losing concentration a bit and wasn't enjopying her meal and started prodding around it with a fork. After a while a waiter was summoned and she said "I'm sorry to complain, but I'm not really enjoying this curry. There doesn't appear to be much meat in it and it just seems to be so mean portion wise. I don't expect lots of meat but I think there should be more than this. " By now everyone else on the table had quietened down and was observing the exchange, and without batting an eyelid the waiter says "No problem madam ... I quite understand ...... I am so sorry you are dissapointed with the dish but I am afraid to say that when one orders the vegetarian curry the meat portions tend to be much, much more smaller. I'll go and get you a vegetarian curry with more meat in it."

"Fair enough" she said. And I am afraid to say that everyone laughed and she didn't seem to know why.