Live from the Spirit - 26 April 17 - Rome to Nice

Zenblue100

Les,

I am on the Cloud from London to Oslo in June. After reading your comment regarding encountering the Wind, I had to recheck my itinerary. The Cloud sets sail at 2:30 on June 11th not the 12th.

SJS

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Les,

I am on the Cloud from London to Oslo in June. After reading your comment regarding encountering the Wind, I had to recheck my itinerary. The Cloud sets sail at 2:30 on June 11th not the 12th.

SJS

Apologies.....My Bad......(memory)

It is the 11th, not the 12th the say hello. Bellow are the Tower Bridge lift times for the 11th June.

They will definitely pass somewhere between the turnaround spot for the Cloud at about 1530 and Greenwich. I rather suspect that this may be a timed event to happen.

BTW.... As a tip.... Try to book (free) tickets for the sky garden (about a 5 minute walk from the tender Terminal at the Tower Dock) for spectacular views over looking the Thames.... nigh looking down on the Cloud before you sail. She arrives on Fri 8th at 15.30 so a good vantage point to see her travel up stream and wacth the bridge lift and finally berth. Of course its a great view at any time she'll be berthed from arrival to departure

Sun11 Jun 14:45 Silver Cloud Down river

Sun11 Jun 16:30 Silver Wind Up river

Will be something special for sure.... Any Wind or Cloud arrival or Departure from the Tower is special, but this one has the edge on every sailing to date. Never happened before. (Where I work, Im less than 100 yards from where they berth.... I'd definitely have remembered such an occurrence!

Had a great evening show was fun and Moss had the whole crowd singing. Ate too much yesterday so have to be good today as it is formal night this evening and I might not fit into my dress at this rate. We are currently docking in Trapani, Sicily I have not been here before so looking forward to a walk around.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Before I forget we had a fab time at La champagne last night the service and the food make it a special evening.

Super appreciate these great pictures, comments, postings and follow-up details. Wonderful!! Very helpful. Keep it coming. Nice to see a sample for one day's activities offered on the ship. Not too interested in those "shopping opportunities"!! Only six and a half weeks till we depart for Lisbon, Portugal. Very excited. Keep up the great, responsive sharing.

Might have more questions on the Silver Spirit, your special tips and ideas to maximize the experience with this vessel, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 50,531 views for these postings.

Malta is wonderful. We took a half day ship's tour which took us to a walled medieval city at the other end of the island from the capital, Valletta. The highlight was visiting a beautiful church in which many of the original knights of Malta were buried. Their graves were within the church and were covered with amazing brass plates with lifesize images of the fallen heroes, and their coats of arms. There were too many to count sunk into and covering the entire floor.

The drive between the port and this little city was through the countryside and was both lovely and informative. Valletta itself was colorful and its history was fascinating. Aside from the picturesque bus ride, there was quite a bit of easy walking along cobblestone streets in both stops. We loved our visit and I hope to go back there some day.

The rumor of our death has been greatly exagerated! I'm so sorry that's it's taken this long to check in! We're been having so much fun that it's been difficult to tear away. I don't have an I Pad so I'm in the library working away right now!

We may have found a new favorite ship. We both really love it! Never had a butler before and never really wanted one, but I could take Dewa home with me. Amazing! Food has been very good to fabulous, with a couple of glitches, however I had the best Osso Bucco of my life last night in La Terrazza. Also sampled the papperdelle with duck ragu that I believe "Spins" had said was great. No lie there!!! Delicious! Made another reservation for Friday...it was THAT good!

We enjoyed our M&G and it was fun to put names and faces together. We've met lots of lovely people. I think Americans are in a minority on this trip, which is just fine. Makes me feel like I've been someplace besides the US!

I will try to write more when I get a chance but will definately do a critique when we get home!

Last night was formal night again we had dinner with another lovely couple and an officer, always interesting people that make a holiday. Then onto the debut show of the classics which I really enjoyed. Sat next to the lovely Mudhen and had a chat. This morning we only arrive in Sardinia this afternoon so a late morning and a relaxing breakfast in the MDR. Which I prefer not many people have breakfast there most seem to prefer the other options.* Martin prefers the buffett breakfast in La Terrazza ... so we try to alternate. Now sitting in the Panorama lounge drinking hot chocolate. Just met Jag60uk two very handsome guys who say they are retired when they do not look a day over 40...so I think they maybe pulling my leg.

Stumblefoot regarding Malta we took the hop on hop off bus which has 2 routes which was Euro 10 each however in hindsight we would have chosen one or two of the sights and arranged a taxi. I will post a copy of the bus itinerary as one route is 3 hours even if you do not get off. But it will give the list of stops.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app