Best Mini Suite Location on the Crown ?

jimmy and allie

Hi,

Were 1st time cruisers on the Crown Princess. Wondering where would be the best location to look for a mimi suite ? Are all of the Dolpin deck balconies open with no cover ? How are the mini suite cabins on the aft Emerald deck ? Any help would be great ! Thanks

All of the mini-suites on Dolphin Deck have completely uncovered balconies. The few mini-suites aft on Emerald Deck have completely covered balconies, and the furtherst aft on each side of the ship have larger balconies, I believe (not 100% positive about this, but pretty sure). The only negative about the Emerald Deck mini-suites is that they're above Club Fusion and some people have reported hearing noise, although the shows in that venue don't usually go on much later than midnight so I'm not even sure why that would be a problem. However, if you're worried, you could focus on a cabin on the starboard side, as the port side cabins would be above the stage where, if there's noise to be heard, you're more likely to hear it. Hope this helps.

Hi,

We are booked in Cabin D506 reight now. I realize that e731 is the best, do you think we should change our Cabin to either one of these E721,723,724,725,726,727 ? I like the idea of the covered and larger Balcony. It sounds like the best one left in the selection would be E724 on the port side at this point and wait to see if someone cancels on the very aft cabins. Thanks for your help !

When we sailed the Crown, we were in D503. It is a great location very near the middle of the ship - both vertical and horizontal. Great location for anyone bothered by the ship's motion. My wife is very prone to motion sickness and she had no problem with this location. We've also sailed on two other cruises on other Princess ships in D-503. That location is also near the elevators.

We recently spent 15 days in cabin E731 on the Crown. It was wonderful. We never heard a sound from Club Fusion and I think this concern is overblown.

We had a week in E731 on the Crown Princess in April and my wife said she heard something from Club Fusion once. It was no big deal. It's a great location but requires a lot of walking from the other side of the ship. ;)

E731 is further away from the stage - it is better than E730, we had that on the CB. Heard Club Fusion a bit louder, but as previous post said it doesn't go past midnight. Only E730 and 731 have the larger balconies.

Our absolute favorite is E731! Terrific room with extended balcony. We had a party out there last year on the Crown and we're doing it again on the Ruby this year.

We've got it on the Ruby next May for Venice to Barcelona--can't wait!:D

We've got it on the Ruby next May for Venice to Barcelona--can't wait!:D

Have E731 in about 2 weeks on the Crown British Isles cruise. Will post a review when I return and let everyone know how it went!

We also had E731 on the Crown Princess in 2007 for 9 nights. It spoiled us forever :D The balcony is very large, covered, private and quiet. In 2008 we had a mini on Golden Princess on Dolphin deck and never again! The balcony was small and cramped and totally exposed. Next time if I can't get an Emerald deck mini I will drop down to a balcony cabin on Caribe deck. The balconies on Caribe deck are larger than the mini suite balconies on Dolphin deck. If you can snag E731 or E730 you are very lucky!

Thanks everyone for your answers, but does anyone have any experience with the other Emerald suites excluing the most aft E731, which sound really nice. Were trying to decide if were going to change or not ? Thanks...

The only difference between the mini's on Emerald deck and those on Dolphin deck is that the balconies are covered. Otherwise they are the same size....room and balcony. You will be very far back on the ship. Some people don't like that because you end up walking more but for others it isn't a problem. It is quieter back there....not as much foot traffic in the halls because you are aft of the aft elevator banks and not many rooms aft of you if that makes sense. I know if I was choosing between a Dolphin mini or an Emerald mini I would choose Emerald deck but to each his own :D In any case you will love the Crown Princess, it is a beautiful ship.

Hi,

Were 1st time cruisers on the Crown Princess. Wondering where would be the best location to look for a mimi suite ? Are all of the Dolpin deck balconies open with no cover ? How are the mini suite cabins on the aft Emerald deck ? Any help would be great ! Thanks

We just got off the Island a little over a week ago and we had an AA mini. I wanted a mini on Dolphin Deck, but we got upgraded to AA on Baja. I wasn't too happy about this. These cabins are so far forward that every morning I was able to waive to anyone on the bridge, and them to us. The forward elevators only go down as far as Promenade, so you have to walk aft to get to the atruim/dining rooms. The balcony is partially covered two decks above, so it seemed uncovered to us. Luckily, we had perfect weather. The only perk about being in AA category is the "super secret door" was so close. That door to the open deck forward, is just steps away. For us, that was the perfect way to see what was happening on the other side of the ship while we were going through the glaciers. The next mini we get will definitely be on Dolphin.

I did A LOT of research when we were looking for our mini suite for our wedding cruise. We definitely wanted a covered balcony because we are very fair skinned and we chose E729 on the Star which is the last aft mini suite. We don't mind the walking, we were more concerned with the view! We plan on spending alot of time on our balcony!

Are you looking for a covered balcony or does it not matter to you?

MalibuBarbie

• 5 months later...
Thanks everyone for your answers, but does anyone have any experience with the other Emerald suites excluing the most aft E731, which sound really nice. Were trying to decide if were going to change or not ? Thanks...

We loved E731 except that we had a smoker upwind of us. Next time we'd opt for the first mini-suite on Emerald deck starboard side, hoping to avoid that problem. We'd sacrifice the larger balcony, hoping to be able to use ours more (with the added benefit of a more mid-ship location).

Love the Emerald minis! As stated, the last one on each side has a huge

balcony. We've stayed in the port side one and never heard a sound from

Club Fusion below. Love the privacy of a covered deck. Have the last aft

port side mini for our upcoming cruise to Hawaii and can't wait!

Archived