Live April 13 Silver Spirit Lisbon to Barcelona

spinnaker2

We depart today at 17:00.

As I mentioned before, it's a full ship.

We did get off the ship for a great taxi tour of Lisbon.

We were going to get on the hop on hop off, but changed our minds.

Very crowded streets clogged with tuk tuks, tour buses, the trolley, taxis and walkers. Our taxi driver was great and we accomplished a lot in a short time.

Apparently the only time it's less crowded here is in the winter.

Very crowded streets clogged with tuk tuks, tour buses, the trolley, taxis and walkers. Our taxi driver was great and we accomplished a lot in a short time.

I stayed on the ship, as usual.My new next door friends must include a "kid" as the next door balcony now has netting installed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We depart today at 17:00. As I mentioned before, it's a full ship. We did get off the ship for a great taxi tour of Lisbon. We were going to get on the hop on hop off, but changed our minds. Very crowded streets clogged with tuk tuks, tour buses, the trolley, taxis and walkers. Our taxi driver was great and we accomplished a lot in a short time. Apparently the only time it's less crowded here is in the winter.

Appreciate these great updates and details from both Spins and englishusa. Very good and helpful information. Love following along and learning more, especially about Lisbon. As I understand your upcoming stops are Portimao/Portugal, Cadiz/Spain, Gibraltar/UK, Malaga/Spain, Cartagena/Spain, Ibiza/Spain and Valencia/Spain before arriving in charming Barcelona.

The "crowding" in Lisbon is a good "heads-up" as we plan for our four days in mid June before starting our Silver Spirit sailing to Rouen/France. Keep up the great sharing. Looking forward to some nice food pictures. Hint! Hint!

QUESTION?: Let know your impressions and experiences for this segment being sold-out versus how "things" were with the lesser numbers you had on the trans-Atlantic sailing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 177,261 views for this posting.

Have a great trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I stayed on the ship, as usual.My new next door friends must include a "kid" as the next door balcony now has netting installed!

Or a dog.

So far I've seen two different families each with a young child, maybe six years or so, I can never guess well; maybe one of them is near David- I've heard a child's voice from my veranda and I'm only a few cabins further along. Otherwise it looks like the usual mix of pax, possibly a bit younger because it's a holiday cruise.

The weather continues warm and sunny, such a pleasant change!

So far I've seen two different families each with a young child, maybe six years or so, I can never guess well; maybe one of them is near David- I've heard a child's voice from my veranda and I'm only a few cabins further along. Otherwise it looks like the usual mix of pax, possibly a bit younger because it's a holiday cruise.

The weather continues warm and sunny, such a pleasant change!

I thought that having children on verandas was banned at the same time as smoking[emoji41]

spinnaker2,

Appreciate the update and pictures! I look forward to learning more about this itinerary and what you enjoyed.

I'll be on the Spirit in August departing out of Venice, so hearing stories about the food, ambiance, and experiences on this ship must be enough to keep me content until then...

Awoke early this morning to sound of the foghorns!

Completely socked in, the fog on the water is such an eerie experience. The fog looked menacing yet the sea was calm as a lake. We were like a ghost ship enshrouded in the mist, Cadiz foghorns sounding and the Spirit's foghorns answering as we crept into port seemingly soundless, except for the warning of the foghorns.

Spins, thanks for the pictures. The tiles of Lisbon! The wonderful tiles and grill works on buildings, and tiles and stone works on street pavements! Walking along Avenida Da Liberdade, my neck hurt from looking up and down in seconds, not to miss anything. Did you have fried fresh sardines in Portimao? Delicious!