Silversea Silver Spirit Help - Asia Cruise

AVACTION

My wife and I are new cruisers, having spent a total of 45 odd days at sea on MSC in the Yacht Club. We have booked a 29 day cruise from Dubai to Yokohama with MSC and my wife wants to cancel due to the time away from our small business and the amount of time "at sea".

I have found a good price on a cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong on Silver Spirit in a Vista Cabin for early next year and am really tempted to cancel MSC and book this (we have enough FF points for First Class air travel both ways from Australia).

All I need is to convince "she who must be obeyed". Can anyone provide information which is not included on the Silversea website, i.e. what drinks are available, is the Connoisseur Corner free of charge, is the Vista Suite comfortable, are the pool decks crowded, what is the food really like. Having travelled MSC we love the Italian "vibe".

The route is Singapore, Vietnam & Hong Kong.

Any assistance/comments would be gratefully accepted.

If you read these forums , it may sound as if SilverSea has issues ; and so it does, but the reality is that the whole SS experience will be so different to a mainstream mid level cruise line that you may well feel as if you have woken in heaven.

Book.. enjoy...

The experience on Silversea or any luxury cruise line will be very different then MSC.

Many items are included in the cruise fare that are extra on mainstream lines such as MSC.

The do have their own Italian Specialty Restaurant which requires reservations, serves dinner at night and we enjoyed the food on the Spirit in that restaurant. During the daytime they offer buffets for breakfast and lunch in a beautqlfu dining venue with table cloths on the tables and a wait staff to assist with additional items not on the buffet and drink orders. The restaurant is called La Terrazza. Food is subjective. I have to say while I didn't care for this restaurant for dinner when we sailed on the Silversea Shadow, I really enjoyed it in the evening on our Spirit cruise last year. Maybe the menu changed or it was the influence of the chef. We have enjoyed it for breakfast and lunch on both ships.

The Le Champagne and the Seishin (Japanese specialty restaurants take reservations for dinner and charge a fee. You can dine at Seishin for lunch without paying a fee.

There are also a couple of other dining options.

When we sailed the Spirit on a Caribbean cruise we didn't find the pool area to be very crowded.

Good luck with your decision.

Keith

When we sail MSC we stay in the Yacht Club which is a "ship within a ship" where one has butler service, drinks & refreshments included, a private lounge and pool area and a private restaurant.

This will be our first time on a Silversea cruise and I hope that it outdoes MSC. Very interested in the different dining experiences and the Connoisseur Corner. Does anyone know what the extra charges are for good brandy?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we sail MSC we stay in the Yacht Club which is a "ship within a ship" where one has butler service, drinks & refreshments included, a private lounge and pool area and a private restaurant.

This will be our first time on a Silversea cruise and I hope that it outdoes MSC. Very interested in the different dining experiences and the Connoisseur Corner. Does anyone know what the extra charges are for good brandy?

Depends what you consider to be 'good brandy'. I'm usually quite happy with their bar stock which is either Remy Martin or Courvousier. I know you can spend more in the Connoisseur area.

By the way, when your butler stocks your bar in your suite, it won't be the little airline size bottles, either.

Depends what you consider to be 'good brandy'. I'm usually quite happy with their bar stock which is either Remy Martin or Courvousier. I know you can spend more in the Connoisseur area.

By the way, when your butler stocks your bar in your suite, it won't be the little airline size bottles, either.

Unfortunately I was served Remy Martin Cellar No 28 on a recent flight and now I want MORE. My wife and I almost managed to polish off a bottle on the flight (it was a long flight).

Any idea if any XO Cognac is included in the spirits available or do you have to pay extra?

Unfortunately I was served Remy Martin Cellar No 28 on a recent flight and now I want MORE. My wife and I almost managed to polish off a bottle on the flight (it was a long flight).

Any idea if any XO Cognac is included in the spirits available or do you have to pay extra?

My memory is VSOP was the bar stock. You may have to pay for XO. I wish there was a list available.