Noordam September cruise leaving earlier, curious why?

Received this, wondering what operational reasons could be? Anyone have any ideas?

ITINERARY CHANGE NOTIFICATION:

Please be advised that, due to operational reasons, the departure time for the

ms Noordam sailing from Vancouver, Canada on September 19, 2015 has been moved

forward to 4:30pm. Flights into Vancouver should arrive no later than 1:30pm

and all guests must check in at the pier by 3:30pm. We regret any inconvenience

this change may cause and appreciate your understanding.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at 1-800-577-1728.

Just got it today for the same 19 Sept cruise on Noordam. I wasn't really concerned about arrival time in Vancouver as we are arriving on the 18th and spending the night on HAL, so I kinda ignored it. :) This will be the first time we have taken advantage of the free hotel night for NS guests...

Dennis

Just got it today for the same 19 Sept cruise on Noordam. I wasn't really concerned about arrival time in Vancouver as we are arriving on the 18th and spending the night on HAL, so I kinda ignored it. :) This will be the first time we have taken advantage of the free hotel night for NS guests...

Dennis

Which hotels do they offer for that?

Our May 9 departure on the Noordam out of Vancouver was delayed by a Canadian Border Patrol passport miscue for a number of passengers. As the Captain reported the next day, the late departure made us miss the tide which restricted our speed to 10 knots overnight. This required him to sail at the ship's max speed to get to our first stop on time.

IMHO this could be an ounce of prevention to preclude missing the tides again as well as saving some fuel.

Leaving early will mean better light for photographing the Lion's Gate bridge.

That's where we stayed last summer when we had a NS booked on the Zaandam. It's a nice hotel and very convenient. We dined in the Five Sails restaurant that is part of the hotel complex. The food was wonderful and the view of the harbour is lovely. It was a bit pricey but worth it.

Dennis

Who offers that perk, HAL or a travel agent?

Who offers that perk, HAL or a travel agent?

I book all my cruises through my PCC. HAL provides the courtesy hotel stay for NS guests at selected departure ports. I would assume TA's know about it and can request, but as I said I deal with my PCC.

Dennis

I book all my cruises through my PCC. HAL provides the courtesy hotel stay for NS guests at selected departure ports. I would assume TA's know about it and can request, but as I said I deal with my PCC.

Dennis

I probably should know but I don't.......

what are "NS" guests?

Dennis

Thanks for the information. I have a PCC, I think, but have not used him in the past, just booked online.

All cruises out of Vancouver need to navigate Seymour Narrows at high tide. It is located north of Campbell River and known for it's strong currents. If you sail out of Seattle you sail on the west side of Vancouver Island and miss the beautiful scenery you see when you sail out of Vancouver.

On the last day of your cruise ask the ships officers when you will pass this scenic point. The land is very close on either side of the ship and there are wires overhead. It's a beautiful site!

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/monthly.php/sey/2015-09

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Narrows