Bear cam

geocruiser

Just found this . I know many of you go to Ak and want to see bears. so here is one. I hope it did not leave.

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls

There are two there now!!

I did think where to post this , so I came to HAl boards. I know HAL cruise will love this. I just this this cam is wonderful!!

There are other bear cams below this one.

http://explore.org/live-cams/player/brown-bear-salmon-cam-lower-river

Edited by geocruiser

I've been addicted to the bear cams for the past 3 years.:o It's quite active again - the bears always disappear during August and come back again late in the month. There are also live chats scheduled regularly with the park rangers, where you will learn so much about the bears. There are regulars on this forum who are also regulars over there.

I've been addicted to the bear cams for the past 3 years.:o It's quite active again - the bears always disappear during August and come back again late in the month. There are also live chats scheduled regularly with the park rangers, where you will learn so much about the bears. There are regulars on this forum who are also regulars over there.

They were down for a couple of months back (live that is). Good to see they are back on line. We have also watched those live cams for a few years.

They were down for a couple of months back (live that is). Good to see they are back on line. We have also watched those live cams for a few years.

The live cams were down (for just over a month, I think), the info kept coming though. That was when I discovered a new addiction - to the puffin burrows, LOL!:o Oh, and not to forget the penguins.

Edited by Lizzie68

Oh my, yes, I suppose they could have been mating - or getting ready to. I've never been to Alaska or other "bear country," so I don't know much about bear behavior. But it was sure interesting to watch!

A bit of a reminder, and a caution. Remember that this is nature, in all its wild and unpredictable and sometimes harsh glory. This is not edited for TV, it is not trained animals performing for the camera. Wild bears live a tough life and not all survive.

I've been watching the Katmai cam since its inception. Every year, there are moments of profound sadness.

That said, this window into the life of the bears of Katmai is a spectacular accomplishment, and makes the wonders of Alaska accessible to the world.

A bit of a reminder, and a caution. Remember that this is nature, in all its wild and unpredictable and sometimes harsh glory. This is not edited for TV, it is not trained animals performing for the camera. Wild bears live a tough life and not all survive.

I've been watching the Katmai cam since its inception. Every year, there are moments of profound sadness.

That said, this window into the life of the bears of Katmai is a spectacular accomplishment, and makes the wonders of Alaska accessible to the world.

It's fantastic that Holly seems to have adopted the abandoned cub. While the bears were all gone the past month many of us thought the cub would be on it's own - and we know how that ends up.

It's fantastic that Holly seems to have adopted the abandoned cub. While the bears were all gone the past month many of us thought the cub would be on it's own - and we know how that ends up.

Is Holly the bear with the light fur on the ears?

Is Holly the bear with the light fur on the ears?

Yes, one of the bears with light ears. She's the one with the cubs down at the lower river right now. All the bears have numbers, and most are identified by their number, but quite a few have been christened with names now! Everyones' favourite is Otis, who sits "in his office" at the edge of the falls all day, lazily catching fish right there.

Here's a link to help identify/ http://www.nps.gov/katm/photosmultimedia/upload/Bears-of-Brooks-River_web.pdf

Edited by Lizzie68

Yes, one of the bears with light ears. She's the one with the cubs down at the lower river right now. All the bears have numbers, and most are identified by their number, but quite a few have been christened with names now! Everyones' favourite is Otis, who sits "in his office" at the edge of the falls all day, lazily catching fish right there.

Here's a link to help identify/ http://www.nps.gov/katm/photosmultimedia/upload/Bears-of-Brooks-River_web.pdf

WOW, thanks for the link..\ I saw a bear sitting at the falls by the bank the other day. Just sat a caught fish. Maybe it was Otis.

With Holly, I thought on of the cubs was not hers because of the different is size between the two cubs.

Thanks