School supplies in Fiji

TeanneTX

I had heard about someone getting a group together to donate school supplies to some impoverished schools in Fiji but I just can't find the thread about it. We're going on a TP cruise in Oct '17 and make stops in Lautoka and Suva Fiji, Mystery Island Vanuatu, Lifou Loyalty Island and Mare New Caldonia. I would love to find a school that has need for supplies and some sort of "tour" that goes to that school. Anyone out there know of any? Wish I could find the info I saw about this "tour".

Teanne

I had heard about someone getting a group together to donate school supplies to some impoverished schools in Fiji but I just can't find the thread about it. We're going on a TP cruise in Oct '17 and make stops in Lautoka and Suva Fiji, Mystery Island Vanuatu, Lifou Loyalty Island and Mare New Caldonia. I would love to find a school that has need for supplies and some sort of "tour" that goes to that school. Anyone out there know of any? Wish I could find the info I saw about this "tour".

Teanne

There was and currently is again a group that will deliver stuff to a fiji school, they are on the Paul Gauguin on this summers fiji cruises.

Teanne

Schools in any of those ports would benefit from your donations of materials. Money is good but the cost of basic things like writing paper, pencils, sharpeners, etc is really high so it's better to take materials if you can.

There are often school children with their teacher sent down to the beach or port to entertain the visitors and other ports have an organised collection point. The Australian/NZ Users Board has a few threads with lots of helpful advice.

Schools in any of those ports would benefit from your donations of materials. Money is good but the cost of basic things like writing paper, pencils, sharpeners, etc is really high so it's better to take materials if you can.

There are often school children with their teacher sent down to the beach or port to entertain the visitors and other ports have an organised collection point. The Australian/NZ Users Board has a few threads with lots of helpful advice.

Thanks for the info-what is the Australian/NZ user boards? I'm not familiar with that and how do I find those user boards.

Teanne

There was and currently is again a group that will deliver stuff to a fiji school, they are on the Paul Gauguin on this summers fiji cruises.

Guess I'm confused. How do you find out about a group delivering to the schools if their not on our cruise. I was looking for someone who maybe does a "tour" to the schools. Or a contact person for the schools to deliver supplies.

Teanne

Thanks for the info-what is the Australian/NZ user boards? I'm not familiar with that and how do I find those user boards.

Teanne

It's a separate board here on CC http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=712 Hope this link works for you.

Here's a better one I think http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2308668

Edited by wishfulone

Guess I'm confused. How do you find out about a group delivering to the schools if their not on our cruise. I was looking for someone who maybe does a "tour" to the schools. Or a contact person for the schools to deliver supplies.

Teanne

This isn't a roll call for a particular cruise, it is the entire South Pacific information forum for any cruise. Maybe your question is best suited for your roll call if you don't wish for others to comment that may know of a similar situation but on a different cruise. I just know a group on the PG rolled a bunch of their own funds together prior to their cruise, they asked the ships tour desk if they could help facilitate a way to visit a school and deliver supplies. It went beautifully, all were blessed.