How often does entertainment change on same ship?

siestatom

The solo acts (comedian, juggler and the like) would most likely be different. They change quite often, sometimes only staying on board for one or two cruises at a time. The big stage shows last much longer as it takes so long to train the singers and dancers, and so much money has been put into the costumes and staging. Those shows can go on for a year or more. The bands (party band, dance band and so forth) generally have 3 to 6 month contracts so you might not have the same band, but you might. And the a cappella groups will probably not be the same, as their contracts are much shorter, in the range of a month or so.

The solo acts (comedian, juggler and the like) would most likely be different. They change quite often, sometimes only staying on board for one or two cruises at a time. The big stage shows last much longer as it takes so long to train the singers and dancers, and so much money has been put into the costumes and staging. Those shows can go on for a year or more. The bands (party band, dance band and so forth) generally have 3 to 6 month contracts so you might not have the same band, but you might. And the a cappella groups will probably not be the same, as their contracts are much shorter, in the range of a month or so.

We're just back from Solstice yesterday and as part of our Select member status, got a back stage tour. Someone in our group asked how long the big productions ran for and we were told 3 - 5 years! I realise that they do take a lot of money, training etc., however we chose not to go and see these shows having seen them previously.

We're just back from Solstice yesterday and as part of our Select member status, got a back stage tour. Someone in our group asked how long the big productions ran for and we were told 3 - 5 years! I realise that they do take a lot of money, training etc., however we chose not to go and see these shows having seen them previously.

The number continues to grow - just off Silhouette and we were in the Q & A for Select & Elite with the some of the production staff as well as Eric B. the VP Entertainment from Miami. One woman asked if the 3 production shows would be same when she comes back Jan. 2012.

He answered yes they would be the same in Jan. 2012 and for the next 7-8 yrs as well.

Wow, those are all really insightful responses, albeit pretty depressing.

So here's my follow-up... would the main shows running on the same class of ship (Soltice for example) largely be the same, or pretty similar? If so, it forces me to give stronger consideration to trying other cruise lines. That said, shows are not a huge art of my cruise experience.

I love shows. I think they used to add a new show every year and move shows around so that if you sailed consequetive yrs you would find at least one change. The last few yrs it has been the same shows over and over and it's getting old. There isn't that much planned entertainment and activities to choose from on X, so I'm getting bored.

Archived