Power strip???

As long as it has NO Surge Protection and in good working order (not frayed) it should be fine.

Land surge protectors are a fire hazard onboard as land grounding is vastly different than ship grounding.

Can bring an Euro plug adapter for your 110-240v appliances. We use the 220 to charge our phones, kindles etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Pretty much any cruise line is likely to not allow power strips with surge protectors or circuit breakers, as power distribution on a ship has some distinct differences from how it's done on land. Anyone who wants to know why, I'll be happy to explain and provide diagrams.

What's an acceptable number for you? Zero?

Here's all any reasonable person would need ALMOST anywhere in the world and particularly on a cruise ship. You could even get two (one in a euro outlet and one in a US outlet), which would still provide pass through AC and a total of four USB chargers.

https://www.amazon.com/FosPower-WorldWide-Universal-International-Charging/dp/B00KC7I2GU

Compact, light weight, dirt cheap!

I have, for lack of what to call it, a multi plug. It plugs into an outlet and I can plug 3 other things into it. It stays in my suitcase when not on a cruise. I use it so I can charge my kindle and my husband's tablet when there's only one other outlet on a ship. It is not a power strip but does the same thing - to charge more then one thing. My phone does not get charged until last night. And, it can be used during the day to charge something else when we have our kindle & tablet with us.

Over the years, one of my main considerations in selecting new small electronic things is it USB rechargeable or if it takes standard batteries.

I use one of these to charge our iThings and other small electronics:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

For travel the only two things I have that needs a AC plug is the battery charger for my DSLR batteries and my laptop.

Some ships and hotels now provide USB charging ports in their desk lamps.

Edited by Philob

Since back when I used to travel for business, I have always carried my Monster Outlets to Go strip. It's old, but going strong. Only measures about 6"x2"x2", so it always has a spot in my bag. Bought this pre-USB universality, so no USB ports. No problem, those little iCubes don't take up much room ;) Plug in my tablet, camera battery charger (yes, mine is old enough that it has a separate charger), phone; back in the day it also charged my laptop and netbook. I know there are smaller strips or blocks now that also have USB ports, but I just never felt like "upgrading" my power needs.

Over the years, one of my main considerations in selecting new small electronic things is it USB rechargeable or if it takes standard batteries.

I use one of these to charge our iThings and other small electronics:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

For travel the only two things I have that needs a AC plug is the battery charger for my DSLR batteries and my laptop.

Some ships and hotels now provide USB charging ports in their desk lamps.

I use one of these to handle my USB chargeable items. It has 7 ports and plenty of power. It is great. -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SALFN6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only things that I have to plug in are my camera batteries.

Funny story about plugging things into outlets that you should not plug them into. I had a really small power strip with 4 outlets that I loved. On a trip to England, I plugged it into a wall outlet with an adapter of course. It just didn't like 220V and flames shot out of the thing and I tripped half the fuses in the B&B. When I told the owner why she lost power in half her place, she said that it just couldn't be so she plugged it in in her kitchen. More flames and the power to the kitchen tripped. I now have a really short 3 outlet extension cord with no surge suppressor that works anywhere.

DON

Edited by donaldsc