Cruise to Alaska week of August 6???

limace

Our vacation plans for the week of the 6th fell through and we're trying to decide what to fill in-we live in the Northwest so I'm contemplating a spontaneous Alaska (RT Seattel or Vancouver) cruise leaving sometime that week (I have the following week off, as well). Two adults, children 6 and 10. I'm feeling frustrated cause the cruise line sites I've looked at so far don't allow to modify my search by the number of people, so I keep going through the whole search process, pick a cruise, get a few pages in and learn they can't accommodate 4 people. Anyone a wizard at this that can point me towards one that would work that week?

It is probably because at this late date cabins that allow 4 people are long gone. Cabins are sold by life boat allocations. So, even though there might be 10 cabins that have berths for 4 people, if the life boats are full then you can't book that room. That is why so many book a long way out when they have that many people.

Many here have asked - I want to go with my DH and kid BUT I might want to add on my other kid later. What should I do? The answer is book the cabin for 4. If you don't need it you can delete the 4th name but if you do need it and only have 3 booked chances are you are not getting the fourth berth.

I'm surprised there is that much selection within this short time period. A week away I would think the cruise lines would have had a sale and sold those cabins by now.

Call the cruiselines directly. At this point that is the only way you are really going to know.

Edited by notentirelynormal

My search on the Princess website showed the round-trip Seattle cruises sold out. HAL's Amsterdam has cabins available but none for four people. Could you split up and book a parent and child in two separate cabins?

My search on the Princess website showed the round-trip Seattle cruises sold out. HAL's Amsterdam has cabins available but none for four people. Could you split up and book a parent and child in two separate cabins?

If you can find two cabins . Yes you can put one adult and 1 child in each room. When you get on board you can switch around sleeping arrangements. Customer service will supply extra room keys.

Currently the Volendam and Niew Amsterdam show cabins for the first week of August .

Princess doesn't show any cabins free until the end of August. Look at NCI , RCI and Celebrity from Seattle .

Our vacation plans for the week of the 6th fell through and we're trying to decide what to fill in-we live in the Northwest so I'm contemplating a spontaneous Alaska (RT Seattel or Vancouver) cruise leaving sometime that week (I have the following week off, as well). Two adults, children 6 and 10. I'm feeling frustrated cause the cruise line sites I've looked at so far don't allow to modify my search by the number of people, so I keep going through the whole search process, pick a cruise, get a few pages in and learn they can't accommodate 4 people. Anyone a wizard at this that can point me towards one that would work that week?

Stop fussing with it and go to a travel agent. You are talking about cruising in 2 weeks, you don't have to be concerned with price drops, perks, etc. You just need the cruise and they can find it faster than you can at this late date.

Thanks, all! It was a crazy spontaneous idea and probably isn't workable; us West Coasters (especially those who can only cruise during school breaks) don't get to take advantage of some of the great last minute deals to the Caribbean so I figured it was worth a shot.