I know I am on a cruise-when

marshhawk

I know I am on a cruise, when I can throw my carryon stuff in my cabin, find a bar, get a fruity NA drink with umbrella and maraschino cherry, and can just sit. Nothing more to do than sit, until muster drill. Sit and smile.:)

When I hear that first "ding" of my card being scanned in at boarding!

Agree, all the hassle of travel and checking in are complete. Now you can explore the ship and enjoy the cruise.

Don

When I flop down in a lounge chair with lunch and my favorite drink in hand, watching all the happy people mingling on the lido deck. All the anticipation, preperation and travel is behind. This is the point I feel Im really on vacation.

when they hand you that glass of champagne on boarding..... ( only been on P one time )

on carnival when I'm sitting in front of a bowl of Mongolian wok and a funship special

on royal Caribbean, when I take out a loan for two bud lights at the atrium bar!

and there are others.....;)

...when I see more obese people in the first hour of a trip than I see in a month in my town... :eek:

...when I have to run the souvenir "Welcome Aboard" photo gauntlet (do people REALLY buy those photos???)...

...when I settle in as fast as possible and find a quiet location to park my body and I turn on my favorite relaxation music (via headphone if NOT in my cabin), close my eyes and start days' worth of just vegetating with no needed activities other than sleeping, eating, and relaxing...