Need Help with Group Booking! Harmony of the Seas - 5/20/17

clockdoc1

Hello all,

Newbie here on the Cruise Critic Forum. Here's my dilemma. I arranged to have friends and family join us on Harmony of the Seas next May 20, 2017. We got locked in at a really great group rate, but one by one, my friends are starting to flake out on their reservations. Of course we need a minimum of 8 cabins, and I'm afraid if I can't find enough to fill our group, we're going to have to re-book as an individual reservation...it's a difference of over $3000! Anyway, my question is, is there a website or something where I can find people who want to sign onto a group, and get a little extra savings? Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Hello all,

Newbie here on the Cruise Critic Forum. Here's my dilemma. I arranged to have friends and family join us on Harmony of the Seas next May 20, 2017. We got locked in at a really great group rate, but one by one, my friends are starting to flake out on their reservations. Of course we need a minimum of 8 cabins, and I'm afraid if I can't find enough to fill our group, we're going to have to re-book as an individual reservation...it's a difference of over $3000! Anyway, my question is, is there a website or something where I can find people who want to sign onto a group, and get a little extra savings? Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Cruise Critic does not permit advertising or the solicitation of cruise mates on an of it's forums.

Did you booked through a TA ? If so than perhaps the TA booked you into an existing group rate program that they had . Therefore would speak directly to the TA as you may not loose your rate rather the just the extras you would have gotten for having 8 cabins.

Did you booked through a TA ? If so than perhaps the TA booked you into an existing group rate program that they had . Therefore would speak directly to the TA as you may not loose your rate rather the just the extras you would have gotten for having 8 cabins.

Unfortunately, I just booked it myself, so I'm not sure of all the repercussions if we don't make our group minimum. I'm just concerned mainly about the jump in the cabin fare. We just took the Oasis in May and had such a good time, we figured we could find a bunch of friends to join us next year. Apparently, our enthusiasm for cruising hasn't necessarily translated to all of our friends.

Unfortunately, I just booked it myself, so I'm not sure of all the repercussions if we don't make our group minimum. I'm just concerned mainly about the jump in the cabin fare. We just took the Oasis in May and had such a good time, we figured we could find a bunch of friends to join us next year. Apparently, our enthusiasm for cruising hasn't necessarily translated to all of our friends.

There should not be a jump in cabin fare. If you don't make the 8 stateroom minimum, you may lose out on some perks such as OBC and/or sharing the Tour Conductor credit.

This is why I'm concerned... from Royal Caribbean's group FAQ's:

• Any group that falls below eight (8) staterooms at double

occupancy after the deposit cycle no longer retains group status.

• Group bookings below Minimum are subject to transfer

into Individual Reservations.

I would call them to make sure in case the policy has changed. We've been in group bookings a few times, and fallen below the 8 stateroom minimum, and our basic price did not change. However, we did lose the perks from GAP points and the TC credit.

You're learning the same way we did.

Just like a party, if you want 10 couples, invite 20,,, there will be a 50%attrition rate.

Now, we just announce that we are going on a cruise, anybody who wishes to join us can. We announce the date, the cruise line, the ship, the intinerary, and the TA were using. Everything else is up to them. If there are enough peole and the TA can get us better rate,,,, so much the better.

Edited by klfrodo

If you blocked a group and less than 8 cabins book , you will still get the group rate that you blocked ( even if only 1 cabin sails ) but may lose any Group Amenity , and not receive the 1 for 16 TC (naturally).

If you booked your group with a TA and come up a little short of 16 dbl occ guests , the TA may be able to fill out your group with other bookings .

I agree with everyone else. You'll lose your group status and become an "individual" reservation but they do not change your fare. Your fare would only change if you cancel your reservation and rebook. I suggest you call Royal Caribbean to confirm so you can rest easy.

As mentioned here earlier, Cruise Critic doesn't allow solicitations for group cruises.

Enjoy your cruise.