Pisa/Florence in a wheelchair - advice please

North&South

Hi all

DH and I looking forward to our med cruise in September and have our plans for all Ports bar Livorno planned but really at a loss for what is best for us as DH in a wheelchair. All the trips on the voyage personaliser lead to using steps so is there no way of visiting these beautiful cities? He can get up and down coach steps with my help and patience from others but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

N&S:)

You may be better putting your question on the disabled cruising forum as there will be more contributor with the same problem. IMO Italy is a disabled friendly country, but it can be done. You will get 'carer goes free' or both of you, free in museums etc. You can book online.

Hi all

DH and I looking forward to our med cruise in September and have our plans for all Ports bar Livorno planned but really at a loss for what is best for us as DH in a wheelchair. All the trips on the voyage personaliser lead to using steps so is there no way of visiting these beautiful cities? He can get up and down coach steps with my help and patience from others but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

N&S:)

Good morning N&S.

I may be able to help you.

a couple of years ago my wife and I took a 'private' tour of Pisa and Florence and used an excellent local company.

My review details just about everything we did in a full day...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/10/29/one-way-to-do-florence-and-pisa/

The joy with this company is that they have pass access deep into the heart of Florence and Pisa where coaches are not allowed.

Why not look them up and ask how best they can help you in your situation. The service we received was impeccable and I'm pretty positive that they will have a solution for you.

What's more their knowledgeable driver/guide will get you to Pisa before the crowds arrive...

LeaningTowerofPisaBestangle_zps93d284ff.jpg

...which is no bad thing.