Currently Onboard QM2

ClanMcLean

Just taking advantage of the free wifi in Halifax.

First impressions on the QM2 were great. Love our suite, although there were someone else's toiletries left behind. Our butler didn't look to please when I pointed this out. Speaking of whom, Roger is a delight [emoji4]

Lots of photos on Facebook/Instagram '3tickets2theworld'but he's a few extra detail shots. IMG_1469541481.466030.jpg.fce396f0aabbaceb3493d7afa39a1956.jpg

IMG_1469541256.558247.jpg.e72e10c2366321b8a4a82577e7ae1165.jpg

IMG_1469541266.193991.jpg.f42f33e5adb26a90972d17a7603899bc.jpg

IMG_1469541283.589302.jpg.60a07c31bc83742f50a681e061ca8200.jpg

IMG_1469541309.695692.jpg.30b6e949540ad747aebeb593e0414ce7.jpg

IMG_1469541320.935511.jpg.eea73f3ab1929f43e98019ae9f198af6.jpg

IMG_1469541344.530047.jpg.ebf844be7dd423a3ad6e7b549eb2e21e.jpg

IMG_1469541364.060103.jpg.c9360935d5d36049d04f26ccf2f4e533.jpg

IMG_1469541382.435632.jpg.da2e7950de9bba393d9e53e3ded497c5.jpg

IMG_1469541396.187272.jpg.9dbac9ddff377938d152e13e2ab15ad1.jpg

IMG_1469541406.933232.jpg.241fea5eeec428a62e7184d5d30ece70.jpg

IMG_1469541429.593198.jpg.619ca7c35f7e9ecb2c950b5286b6af9d.jpg

IMG_1469541439.581863.jpg.3bf107899bfa34a6a678627570e43e73.jpg

Wonderful photos on your fb page Thank You. How nice to see you are introducing the little one to a sophisticated experience , a Cunarder in the making :)

Reminds me of my parents, I was travelling the world at age five.

Quick update.... A few niggles.... Spa bath was gross and needed the filter changing and a few inconsistencies with ordering food for my son (allergies) but they seem on to it now.

The crossing is like the Mediterranean and lots of people sunbathing on deck.

Spotted someone I the lift wearing jeans and trainers for dinner (although not scruffy looking) but not sure if they were declined entry to dine.

More updates to follow. Adding photos when I can [emoji4]

Love the Commodore Club, as does my don as they give you chips [emoji38]

• 2 weeks later...

How did the allergy situation work out? We are onboard next month. My daughter is allergic to peanuts and kiwi. Were you able to make use of room service for him? We're arrangement ever made do that he could dine with you at the buffet or the pub or at afternoon tea? I know the main dining room will be her main source of food but I wonder if she will have other options.

Hi there,

Apologies, I've still not got round to writing my review. We're in the middle of house hunting and job hunting at the moment.

Unfortunately we had a very mixed experience, including a vomiting incident in the restaurant. That occurred after ordering a fruit smoothie and I suspect the blender wasn't cleaned properly, prior to making my son's drink.

At the other end of the scale, the chefs went out of their way to make dairy free pastries for my son, which were a huge hit. They also had dairy free ice cream.

Having booked Queen's Grill and plenty of advance notice given, I was expecting not to have to explain everything repeatedly to numerous members of staff. I'm not convinced the kitchen's were actually give any advance information about my son.

The first night we ordered room service was a bit of a disaster. I'd called for the butler but just a regular room service staff member called back and took the order. Long story short, after politely discussing the situation with the concierge, all room service orders after that were excellent. The pizzas were great.

Even in the Queens Grill restaurant, staff repeatedly offered my son bread rolls etc. Our main two waiters were super and were on the ball quite quickly, but there clearly is no communication between all the restaurant staff with regards to allergies.

We found the head waiter and assistant maitre-d very understanding and welcoming, whilst we found the maitre-d himself quite rude and and uninterested. I don't think I saw the man smile once during the whole trip!

Despite all this, my son had some amazing food (the duck was a big hit) but it's a bit disappointing that they didn't handle it better considering what a fuss they make about 'White Star Service', "nothing being too much trouble" etc.

I don't want to come across negative, as we enjoyed our trip immensely , and will hopefully book again, but communication and understanding is an issue they could improve greatly on.

Hi there,

Apologies, I've still not got round to writing my review. We're in the middle of house hunting and job hunting at the moment.

Unfortunately we had a very mixed experience, including a vomiting incident in the restaurant. That occurred after ordering a fruit smoothie and I suspect the blender wasn't cleaned properly, prior to making my son's drink.

At the other end of the scale, the chefs went out of their way to make dairy free pastries for my son, which were a huge hit. They also had dairy free ice cream.

Having booked Queen's Grill and plenty of advance notice given, I was expecting not to have to explain everything repeatedly to numerous members of staff. I'm not convinced the kitchen's were actually give any advance information about my son.

The first night we ordered room service was a bit of a disaster. I'd called for the butler but just a regular room service staff member called back and took the order. Long story short, after politely discussing the situation with the concierge, all room service orders after that were excellent. The pizzas were great.

Even in the Queens Grill restaurant, staff repeatedly offered my son bread rolls etc. Our main two waiters were super and were on the ball quite quickly, but there clearly is no communication between all the restaurant staff with regards to allergies.

We found the head waiter and assistant maitre-d very understanding and welcoming, whilst we found the maitre-d himself quite rude and and uninterested. I don't think I saw the man smile once during the whole trip!

Despite all this, my son had some amazing food (the duck was a big hit) but it's a bit disappointing that they didn't handle it better considering what a fuss they make about 'White Star Service', "nothing being too much trouble" etc.

I don't want to come across negative, as we enjoyed our trip immensely , and will hopefully book again, but communication and understanding is an issue they could improve greatly on.

That's disappointing. Your son vomiting because of an allergic reaction is most disturbing. I'll be meeting on day one with the maitre d. We are in the Britannia dining room. Hopefully there won't be any reactions. Looks like room service may be out. I was hoping it would be an option. Perhaps boxed cereal, milk and whole fruit will do for my daughter. I will report back in how we make out. Thanks so much for replying.