Disembarking Venice

Mickb

Can any one advise please?

We are disembarking in Venice from Queen Victoria on the 10th September. We are staying on in Venice for a few days at the Hilton Molino Stucky. We have decided to spoil ourselves and take a watertaxi to the hotel. Can anyone tell me how far the water taxi pick up is from the baggage hall and are there porters? We shall have 3 suitcases and 2 wheelie flight bags.

Thank you

We are on the same cruise and I have advised friends how to get to the airport which will be different from getting a water taxi.

However, if a water taxi is not available alongside the port, you may have to go further towards the grand canal.

There is a people mover/tram that goes between the port (which you have to walk to for about 5 mins and costs under 2 Euro) and Piazzale Roma where there is a bus station and buses are easily available to get to the airport. For your purpose, the grand canal is just down some steps of a bridge, so it may be there's a water taxi stop nearby which will take you to your hotel.

Other posters may have better information for you regarding the whereabouts of the water taxis, but at least this may be an option if there's nothing closer for you.

PS. I've started a roll call for this trip, so may see you on board.

Lynne

There is a shuttle to the Hilton from the taxi point near St Marks (opposite the gardens).

http://molinostuckyhilton.it/en/travel/shuttle-boat-service.html

Other members have said the Cunard shuttle drops you at the same point.

Hopefully you can put the two together.

Or book a private water taxi and go straight there.

https://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/

We always take the water taxi. Venice is one of the most expensive places on earth to begin with so the water taxi, relatively speaking, is not that much. It is by far the most lovely way to see Venice while also being very efficient transport. Not sure where Cunard will dock but disembarking Seabourn there were water taxis a short walk after clearing the embarkation hall. Porters around if you need them. The water taxi will get you to the airport as well in style and give you a fabulous parting view of Venice. You are making me want to go back soon. I must get the old credit card in shape.:D

Thank you all for your advice.

I agree that Venice is one of the most expensive places on earth but we think it is a fitting finale to our cruise - particularly as we have splashed out out on PG on the ship.

We shall get a water taxi to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport ( in for a penny - in for a pound!)

I am relieved to hear that it is not far from the ship to the watertaxi pier and that there are porters. At our age not sure I wants to be hefting suitcases for great distances.

I have already signed on to the roll call for that voyage! - Look forward to seeing you on board

Hi Mick

Look forward to seeing you on board.

We are having a very informal meet and greet on the first sea day in the commodore club at 12noon. Come and join us before lunch if you have a moment.

If not, see you in the Grills lounge :D

Lynne and Mark

• 2 weeks later...

hello, We are also disembarking in Venice, but flying out middle afternoon, we have transport booked as part of our fly cruise. What happens, do we stay on board until its time for the airport or do we transfer early and have to wait hours in the airport? Hope someone can help.

Hattie

Presumably you vacated your cabin before you went into Venice?

Yes, we had to be out of our cabins at the usual time. There was a facility to store our hand luggage so we were free to explore.

hi Hattie

What time was your transfer, how did it work with your main luggage, did they just leave it all morning for you to load onto the airport shuttle? When did they let you know what time the shuttle would be?

They took our main luggage the night before as usual and we collected it from the kerb outside the airport. Times were given out with the disembarkation information a couple of days earlier. I can't remember the exact time but I think it was around 1pm.

We were on a Cunard charter flight to Heathrow.

Thank you Hattie, that's probably what will happen with us, I had just never heard of anyone still on board after about 10am. Might get some sleep now that I can stop thinking about it, although there's sure to be something else for me to worry about before we set sail. Will speak again soon, no doubt.

Regards Irene

I remember several years ago disembarking in Civitavecchia but our flight (organised by Cunard) was a late one. We had to be out of our room at the normal time but our transfer was not due to go until early afternoon. We were able to wander around the town and then go back to the ship for lunch. A special buffet lunch was provided for us in one of the meeting rooms. We then went out, collected our luggage and caught the transfer.