Temperature onboard?

fink402

First time cruiser, here. We leave on Thursday (Aug 19) so I'm starting my packing. What is the temperature on board the ship in the main dining room? I assume it is air conditioned. Do I need a light sweater? What is the temperature in our room? Can we regulate the temp in our room?

I feel kinda silly asking these basic questions, but I want to be prepared so I can thoroughly enjoy the cruise!

Thanks!

First time cruiser, here. We leave on Thursday (Aug 19) so I'm starting my packing. What is the temperature on board the ship in the main dining room? I assume it is air conditioned. Do I need a light sweater? What is the temperature in our room? Can we regulate the temp in our room?

I feel kinda silly asking these basic questions, but I want to be prepared so I can thoroughly enjoy the cruise!

Thanks!

Most cabins have thermostats in the room so that you can regulate the temperature to suit. If you have a balcony, you can open the door to let in fresh air, if you want.

Yes, the dining room and all public places (like the theater, bars, etc.) are air conditioned. I always pack a sweater or shawl, because it often is cooler than I like. If you're going to the Caribbean and will be out in the hot sun all day, you may well find the dining room chilly when you come in. I find a shawl easier to pack than a sweater -- it'll slip into a smaller space...but that's a personal preference.

If you normally take a sweater or wrap to an air conditioned restaurant, movie, etc., (I do) you will likely also want one for the ship. If you are one of those who can wear a strapless top or spaghetti straps to a restaurant and be comfy, you should be fine without a wrap for the ship.

Thanks!

I just wanted to add that no question is silly and we all were in your situation before taking their first cruise.

The only bad or silly question is the one that someone is afraid to ask.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Keith

Air in cabin can be controlled by your thermostat. The dining room and theater are sometimes cool as well as the ice show. I always carry a wrap because it's easy to pack. Some nights I need it, some I don't. I try to color coordinate to make it possible for the wrap to be used with everything (basic black/tans). My Mom, a seasoned cruiser, failed to pack a wrap on our last cruise and got cold ON NIGHT ONE. I purchased a wrap at one of the shops for $10, which she loved so much that she ever so subletly hinted would not match a few of her outfits. I had to go back and get a second wrap in a different color. She is a slick operator.

Thanks, all you experienced cruisers! I'll try to fit something into my bag. Like I always tell my kids, "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!"

It's like the umbrella. If we take an umbrella when it is overcast it doesn't rain but if we leave it at home sure enough it will rain.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Keith

I purchased a wrap at one of the shops for $10, which she loved so much that she ever so subletly hinted would not match a few of her outfits. I had to go back and get a second wrap in a different color.

I was just going to post this. :) The wraps are really nice and soft and fairly large. Came in a nice range of colors and I kick myself now that I only got one. :p

(Although this was on Carnival, don't know what ship you're on and if they sell them on the other cruise lines)

A dining room or bar area that was cool enough would be my dream, but I've yet to find one. It's easy to put a sweater on if you're too cool, but I can only take so much off when it's too warm:( I'd pack a light sweater shawl if you're the cold type.

Archived