Just off the QE ...

maitai999

Incase anyone is thinking to book a voyage on the QE, I would just like to say what fantastic service we received on our med voyage, throughout the entire ship. We, and many guests I spoke with, found this crew to be outstanding in all areas and worked so very hard to make all aspects of our voyage wonderful. It was with heavy hearts when Southampton came, but lucky enough to be boarding again on the 17 night 30th August sailing. We heard or saw absolutely nothing about any Norovirus onboard. The waterleak was handled with ease and complimentary bottles of water were provided at dinner and to wash hands with. We were in Britannia Club, and have been on our last 4 sailings with QE. No negatives whatsoever, well done Cunard ....

That's good to hear. Am boarding on 16 September - just after you've disembarked. It will be my 5th time on QE and I've always found service to be good. The one time we experienced a problem with dining room service I raised the issue with our head waiter and it was resolved very quickly. Thereafter we had a very good dining experience. Enjoy your next voyage!

Incase anyone is thinking to book a voyage on the QE, I would just like to say what fantastic service we received on our med voyage, throughout the entire ship. We, and many guests I spoke with, found this crew to be outstanding in all areas and worked so very hard to make all aspects of our voyage wonderful. It was with heavy hearts when Southampton came, but lucky enough to be boarding again on the 17 night 30th August sailing. We heard or saw absolutely nothing about any Norovirus onboard. The waterleak was handled with ease and complimentary bottles of water were provided at dinner and to wash hands with. We were in Britannia Club, and have been on our last 4 sailings with QE. No negatives whatsoever, well done Cunard ....

See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2381601

Thank you for such a positive and, in our experience, unsurprising post about your recent voyage. We're boarding on 16th August and in the midst of all the pre cruise prep and excitements, there had been a worm of fear occasioned by recent posts. It is, of course, usual that those who have issues will raise them while the contented will say nothing; I will endeavour to remember to be delightedly thankful about our voyage - including the pleasures of planning !

Hi, I was on the same voyage and had Norovirus and know others who did. It wasn't much fun but you take that risk on any cruise. You must have had special treatment in those cabins as the rest of us had no bottled water to wash our hands with and used gel only for 5 hours. We did have bottled water with dinner, however.

As for our experience. We were unlucky with our waiter in the MDR and had sloppy/rude service when using my husband's soda card in bars. They are happy to sell you the card but after that they aren't making any money on it unlike bar drinks. However we also had some fantastic service at lunch in the MDR and at other times around the ship. Love the guys in the coffee shop!

Enjoy your next voyage, she is indeed a beautiful ship!

Teresa

"It is, of course, usual that those who have issues will raise them while the contented will say nothing" - sorry poster of that comment but that was my experience, I didn't invent it and I do have 31 cruises and 21 years of cruising behind me. I always praise where it is due and raise any issue as it occurs [ie on board]. With so many people on board it would be odd if we all had the same experience!

Edited by Teresa Price
added comment

Thank you for such a positive and' date=' in our experience, unsurprising post about your recent voyage. We're boarding on 16th August and in the midst of all the pre cruise prep and excitements, there had been a worm of fear occasioned by recent posts. It is, of course, usual that those who have issues will raise them while the contented will say nothing; I will endeavour to remember to be delightedly thankful about our voyage - including the pleasures of planning !

Hi Grendel's Mother. With all due respect, I disagree.

Passengers who mention unfavorable situations encountered on board - despite however politely mentioned - are often disregarded, insulted and shouted down as we have seen all too often.

Contrasted with those who have only the most positive things to say -well the cheers go up and mass approval follows.

Unfortunately, the end result of these reactions might be that even the most well-tempered and experienced Cunarders will be reluctant to post details of a less than happy experience on board.

But I believe Cunarders are made of sterner stuff, and hopefully will not be unduly influenced by the disapprobation of those who can't bear to read anything less than the most positive comments. That is only my opinion, respectfully submitted

Salacia

Edited to add: Thanks Teresa Price for your report.

Edited by Salacia

We sail on QE in October to the Greek Islands and really looking forward to it.

Having just returned from TA on the remastered QM2 we were spoilt with the lovely new and v large flat screen tv on the wall opposite the end of the bed. Just wondering if the televisions on QE are still located in the corner on top of the fridge area where they were last time I was on her in 2011. We are on deck 5.

I certainly wasn't disregarding the unpleasantness for those NV sufferers who posted about their recent voyage and am full of sympathy ( especially as have just recovered from something similar picked up in a primary school). How this sort of outbreak, the water problem etc are handled can make such a difference to people's subsequent reflections. Cunard sometimes get things wrong, even when individuals are trying to do their best. (We have a particular experience best not shared here, but perhaps after a couple of gins some time, somewhere......). As a CC novice, I am enjoying the cut and thrust of the discussions, but occasionally wonder whether people who've not travelled with Cunard could be frightened of who or what they might encounter if they ventured on board. Best wishes to all for safe and happy voyages !

Having just returned from TA on the remastered QM2 we were spoilt with the lovely new and v large flat screen tv on the wall opposite the end of the bed. Just wondering if the televisions on QE are still located in the corner on top of the fridge area where they were last time I was on her in 2011. We are on deck 5.

No, You'll find the TVs on QE are wall mounted, it's the Q.Vic that didn't get around to wall mounted in their last rift. Hopefully this will be rectified in the upcoming rift. :)

Just returned from QE sailing. TV's are on the wall. In our stateroom there were 2 TV's. Problem was when turning off the one in the sitting area, the one in the bedroom would turn on. After a week still didn't know which remote to use or how to stop this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just returned from QE sailing. TV's are on the wall. In our stateroom there were 2 TV's. Problem was when turning off the one in the sitting area, the one in the bedroom would turn on. After a week still didn't know which remote to use or how to stop this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Reminds me of when (years ago) in our newly-built house, DH was testing the garage door opener, before setting it with our new code. Evidently, the neighbors across the street never bothered to reprogram their's, because their garage door rose and fell in unison with our's…

Modern life can be pretty entertaining (if you don't let it become a frustration).

Cheers to all who share their on-aboard experiences!

Glad to hear it ,we are on the 30th August 17 day trip ,which we did before in her first year of sailing.Lovely ship and looking forward to being on her again.

I will be on QE for the 2017 world cruise sector Sydney/Kobe ... so, great to hear that you had a fabulous time on her. Makes me even more excited :)

Hi minz56..... we are on that segment of the world cruise too. Come and join the roll call. We are just in the process of organising some private tours.