Carnival ship cigarette prices

alrt01

Yes, but to me it makes more sense to bring just a pack or two and smoke the duty free ones while on board and in port. Also bring home the allowed number of duty free cartons per adult. Even if debarking in Texas where you have to pay the state tax, the federal tax is not charged.

I am cruising from Galveston in November and found out that Texas state taxes are $15 on one carton of cigarettes. $1.50 per pack. That really increases the cost of the cigarettes.

Hi Peymas - Your profile says you are from Illinois. How much is a carton of cigarettes there?

If it is less than the ship plus Galveston tax - don't buy them for home. But, I'm sure they aren't $34.50.

Bring two packs from home to smoke while ship is in port. Buy a carton to smoke while on board. If you have any packs left pay the tax. Most likely you will still come out ahead

BTW, the price for a carton of Marlboro Red is $78.64 in NJ.....

IL cigs are about $60 a carton where I live. We live about 1 1/2 hours from Paducah, KY and go there every 2 months or so to eat and shop and I get my cigs there. They are about $50 a carton there. So, $34.50 + $15 Texas Tax it would be about the same. I always buy them on the ship when cruising out of Florida. Guess I will check out the price when I get on at Galveston in Nov.