Confusing question

Freedom2014

Okay, I have 2 cabins one interior one Balcony. I have two people in each room ...I want to move one person from balcony room to interior room(the interior room was a GTR, it can hold up to four people). I want to make one person in balcony and three in interior is that possible without fare change?

Okay, I have 2 cabins one interior one Balcony. I have two people in each room ...I want to move one person from balcony room to interior room(the interior room was a GTR, it can hold up to four people). I want to make one person in balcony and three in interior is that possible without fare change?

You can move folks once on board by getting extra room cards but yes, if you do it"officially", you are going to pay double for the single occupant and 3rd person for the triple. They also may not permit the change due to them wanting to fill double occupancy before adding 3rd person.

You can move folks once on board by getting extra room cards but yes, if you do it"officially", you are going to pay double for the single occupant and 3rd person for the triple. They also may not permit the change due to them wanting to fill double occupancy before adding 3rd person.

The ship is sold out, the cruise is 12 days away.

Is the third person going in the inside cabin paying for balcony rate?

If you do it prior to the cruise, three people would split the cost for the inside cabin. The solo person in the balcony would have to pay the single supplement.

If you wait until you are onboard, there shouldn't be any fees to change it, however the person begin moved gets the short end of the payment end.

If you do it prior to the cruise, three people would split the cost for the inside cabin. The solo person in the balcony would have to pay the single supplement.

If you wait until you are onboard, there shouldn't be any fees to change it, however the person begin moved gets the short end of the payment end.

Yes, I figured it would still be cheaper for me to pay for two in a balcony, then maybe just have them stay in other room. Or else I would be paying double for me to be solo plus the rate of them in the inside cabin...if that makes any sense.

I don't really understand why you want to do or why but I do know that once you're on-board you can shift people around however you want and get extra room cards at the concierge desk. It's going to get confusing when the bill comes at the end of the cruise though because of charges to the sail and sign cards.

Does the interior have beds for 3 people ?

Seems to be a quad.

Bigger question is, Can the person moved sleep on a top bunk? IS usually don't have sofas.

Another issue is Gratuity? If it's the same steward for all the cabins it's easy. If it's in another steward's section, they should be paid accordingly.

Edited by SadieN

That's an easy one. (We've done this ourselves.) Upon embarkation, have the person switching to the interior cabin go with you to Guest Services. Ask to have the person's S&S card reprogrammed to open the interior cabin's door. It took all of two minutes when we switched people around.

I don't really understand why you want to do or why but I do know that once you're on-board you can shift people around however you want and get extra room cards at the concierge desk. It's going to get confusing when the bill comes at the end of the cruise though because of charges to the sail and sign cards.

Not at all.

Each person's S&S account has a folio number that has nothing to do with cabin number. When we had my husband's S&S card reprogrammed so we were together in the cabin, his $100 obc stayed on his folio. Everything he purchased was on his folio and everything that I purchased was on mine. Same with our friends' folios.

I wouldn't switch anything til you are all on board. Carnival and your room stewards won't care what the sleeping arrangements are among you and you can just get extra key cards for whoever isn't "officially" assigned to whichever cabin.

I get the impression that the original poster is paying for both of the rooms so the person getting moved doesn't really have the right to complain if they're not the one paying the bills.

It's no problem to do this once you are on board. Guest services can take care of the room key switches. One other poster mentioned the issue with the room steward. I feel that even if both rooms have the same room steward, it would be proper to give the room steward an extra tip for making up a 3rd bed in the interior. The steward is getting tipped for 4 people, but they will be making up 5 beds (although your 2 beds are being pushed together). It is still extra work for the steward. The steward will need to be informed, when you get on board, that you want 1 of the upper bunks in the interior room to be lowered & made up. Otherwise, there will be nowhere for that 3rd person to sleep in the interior.

Edited by k2excursion
Sharknado