Debarkation Question?

N&J

Leaving out of Miami on the Breeze in 2 weeks:D. I have not been to this port in a long time. My question is debarkation to do self or relax and wait. (Traveling with Husband and a little one). Which one do you prefer, also is it easy to find your luggage at terminal, how is it done now.

Thanks

Nan

15 more days :D

We were off the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. We sent our luggage down the night before. It was nice not dealing with trying to get on the elevators with everyone else and their bags. We didn't have any trouble finding our luggage. Once we left the ship we were out and hailing a taxi 15 minutes later. Have a great trip!

If you choose to put your luggage outside your door the night before, heres a suggestion. Attach a bright colored piece of cloth to all the bags you set outside the door. Makes it easier to spot them in the sea of luggage that all look the same. As for the time you want to leave the ship is up to you. When we drive we take our time and leave around 9am.

If you do self-assist, you'll be one of the first groups offered the opportunity off the ship (other than those with status). But you don't have to get off at that time; you can wait in the places where everyone else is waiting and get off any time after your group is called. But you have to carry everything from the cabin to the terminal. That's a lot of walking and the elevators will be busy, so try not to depend on them.

Anyway, I prefer to self-disembark, because I don't have a lot of luggage and don't mind lugging around what I have. But my experiences have little to do with what you should do.

We have a long way to go and like to get an early start so we do self assist.

With your little one you will need to keep quite a bit of stuff for the last night and day.

We have done two cruises with our grandson when he was 1 and than again at four.

First time parents had early flight and did self assist and second time they had plenty of time and hung out.

Do whatever works for you

We each have one bag with wheels and then a back pack. We always self assist. If you can carry your items off easily I would do it. I have seen some pretty small but proud kids walking with a rolling suitcase behind them.

Edited by lylone

We always do self-assist. I am afraid I am going to pack something and then set it out, only to realize the next morning I desperately need it :eek: We each have one carry-on and a backpack, and since we usually fly, we are in a hurry to leave. IIRC POM gave us no problems when we cruised from there.

I hate doing self assist, however, our last cruise just off the Breeze we did self assist. We had a lot of luggage but amazingly enough it was not as horrible as I thought .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Unless we have to make a flight by a certain time...we're usually the last ones off the ship. We like to miss all the lines and people rushing around with their luggage. Why stand in line when you can sit in the Lido buffet until they kick you off. LOL!

Edited by mousey