Early Saver solo can I add a person?

chas329mi

If I book Early saver now solo what would be the process or cost to add a person later? Thanks

There may be a $50 change fee involved, and unless you have a solo supplement of 150%, that might be it. Most Carnival solo fares are usually doubled and you're paying for the 2nd fare anyway.

I'm not sure about the $50.00 charge. I could be wrong, but my understanding is that if you book as a solo, paying a double deposit, you can add a second person without a $50.00 fee. The fare woud be the same because the solo is already paying double, but there would be additional taxes for the second person.

Edited by nwcruiselover

Thanks Guys, The $50 change fee and taxes and port fees I figured, But some how someone gave me the impression I would have to cancel and rebook, I knew that sounded wrong and I really want to keep my room!!!

If I book Early saver now solo what would be the process or cost to add a person later? Thanks

I don't know about early saver but I was booked solo on a cruise and added another person and the only charges above the regular room rate was for port charges. Because I decided to upgrade to a balcony due to having the two of us I did have to pay the difference in the price of the two rooms but no more than I would have had to pay to upgrade to a balcony traveling solo.

I rarely book ES but I did once as a solo and then added another person. No charge. No increase. Nothing to pay at all except the 2nd person fees and taxes. No increase to the 2nd person fare (although current rates were higher) because I had already paid for 2 people.

I discussed the $50 "name-change" thing with my PVP when I booked. Why adding a name isn't a name change is one of those Carnival mysteries that no one seems to comprehend, but that is exactly how it works.

So, if you aren't sure your cabin-mate can go, you're better off booking as a solo and adding someone later. That is if you feel you must book ES.

Yet another reminder to people that you can get price drops under other fares up until final payment.

I was told that if I wanted I could not make any changes to the booking if booking ES. We got a cabin for our son and knew we were going to add one of 2 nephews later and they advised us not to do. Said we would have to cancel and rebook and lose the ES. Maybe things have changed since we did this. If it only cost $50 that would not be so bad. Call and ask and let us know?

The last time I booked on board I booked solo since I wasn't yet sure of which family member I would invite. Did this on the advice of the person at the future cruise desk.

A couple of months later added a cabin mate with no trouble, only extra cost was port fees/taxes, kept early saver status and kept obc for booking on board.

Easy as pie.

Edited by bury me at sea

I was told that if I wanted I could not make any changes to the booking if booking ES. We got a cabin for our son and knew we were going to add one of 2 nephews later and they advised us not to do. Said we would have to cancel and rebook and lose the ES. Maybe things have changed since we did this. If it only cost $50 that would not be so bad. Call and ask and let us know?

I just posted...I just did this one week ago.. Booked ES added 3rd person, no charge, no cancel, nothing.. ALL GOOD... I even had to change cabins because the one I was in would not accommodate 3. NO CHARGE, and no problems.

I think as long as you are giving them more money, its all good. You can not downgrade or there is a fee. An example would be if I went from an lido deck inside to a regular inside.

No change fee to add a person. It only applies to physical name changes, not the addition of a name.

This is correct. I have also done this already myself. So if you are not absolutely certain about the 2nd person, just book the ES with only ONE NAME. You can always add them later..

NOTE: if you filed under the Single supplement waiver you may also need to PAY for the PORT/TAXES on the 2nd person you add them. This will depend on where you are into the booking period. (before or after final payment) or you could have complications with your booking. ie: the system may cancel the booking as it may appear proper payment was not satisfied.

Edited by wiskt

The last time I booked on board I booked solo since I wasn't yet sure of which family member I would invite. Did this on the advice of the person at the future cruise desk.

A couple of months later added a cabin mate with no trouble, only extra cost was port fees/taxes, kept early saver status and kept obc for booking on board.

Easy as pie.

This is my experience too. I've booked solo a few times and added a person later. The only thing we had to do was pay the port fees/taxes for the second person.

• 2 weeks later...

As Ruthless Boss said depending upon what is available if/when you add another person, you may not be able to add someone to your booking. This happened to my dad, not early saver which doesn't make a difference, but he had a balcony cabin and was sailing solo.

He decided to add a 2nd person to the reservation about a month or so before the cruise and was not able to as many people on the cruise had 3 or 4 in a cabin so his extra spot on the lifeboat was used by another cabin. So in effect, he paid for 2, but couldn't add the 2nd person.