Hot items on room service breakfast???

BJzink

We have booked our cruise on the Miracle next Feb. 2016, Mexican Pacific Coast. We truly enjoy a leisurely breakfast on our veranda, with the full selection of hot items. When I asked our Carnival cruise consultant about this, she said that the menu doesn't include these, but all we had to do was write in on the hang tag whatever we wanted (within reason) like omlets, bacon, sausage, etc. and we would get it. Has anyone tried this with success, or was she just telling me what I wanted to hear? I hate to think that I will have to dash up to the buffet with my tray from the room to get these myself..........Thanks for any information.

She was absolutely telling you what you wanted to hear. Can you imagine if everyone on the ship did this? Room service would never be on time and those delivery people would be running their butts off even more so than they already do.

I'm sure you can attempt to write stuff in. There's nothing stopping you, but I really doubt you're going to get it.

no, that won't work. they don't do that. you can't request omelettes, etc. via room service.

you CAN write in other standard items from the room service menu, like a BLT onto the breakfast hanger order form, but not 'whatever you want' like omelettes, which are not on any room service menu.

they are starting to roll out some a la carte items like wings, fries, etc. for an additional charge, but no omelettes or what you are seeking, i'm afraid.

no, that won't work. they don't do that. you can't request omelettes, etc. via room service.

you CAN write in other standard items from the room service menu, like a BLT onto the breakfast hanger order form, but not 'whatever you want' like omelettes, which are not on any room service menu.

they are starting to roll out some a la carte items like wings, fries, etc. for an additional charge, but no omelettes or what you are seeking, i'm afraid.

That's a good idea. Order a BLT with no lettuce, tomato, mayo and then get a bagel, cream cheese, and butter.

You have toast, bacon, and a bagel.

Someone posted on here several years ago (I'm thinking it was Zydecocruiser but I'm not sure) that they had done this and it worked. He showed pics of the order form and what he had received.

I've tried it and it did not work! It may depend upon the ship but in my experience if you want something hot for breakfast, you're going to have to go get it yourself...or get someone go get it for you. ;)

Our waiter, which we have had several times on the Glory, is one of the people in charge of making sure Room Service orders are correct for breakfast, and he said they could not put hot breakfast items on trays for delivery. We even told him we would be ordering for the next day and asked if there was any way we could get some scrambled eggs and bacon, and he said no. They couldn't make any exceptions. So there ya go.

I don't doubt that they won't do hot foods but they do allow some reasonable requests .

We have written on the door hanger menu and requested a cheese plate and whole fruits

on multiple occasions with no problems .

I don't doubt that they won't do hot foods but they do allow some reasonable requests .

We have written on the door hanger menu and requested a cheese plate and whole fruits

Hmmm. I'll have to try a cheese plate next time. That would be tasty. Haven't had any problem getting BLTs.

as for possible misleading statements by sales reps, ALL cruise lines sell illusions. Just look at the pictures in their brochures and look at what the person next to you looks like. :p

To the OP, there is one possibility for a hot breakfast (sort of) in your room. Bring a few packets of instant oatmeal with you in your luggage. In the evening, before the buffet line closes down, get a bowl and spoon and take them to your cabin. Then request a pot of hot water (like you would for tea) on the room service order form. When the hot water is delivered the next morning, have a bowl of oatmeal. Ta-da! Hot breakfast in your cabin.:)

Edited by beachbum53

That's a good idea. Order a BLT with no lettuce, tomato, mayo and then get a bagel, cream cheese, and butter.

You have toast, bacon, and a bagel.

They will also toast your bagel if you write that in. It's not hot when it arrives, but it's usually still warm

They won't even give you pineapple juice, even though it's on the MDR breakfast menu

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I like a challenge. Will write that in, too! But it isn'tt on the regular room service menu, so who knows?

• 2 months later...

Yes, but that's not hot food and it's stuff that's on the room service menu already. It's just that you're ordering it for breakfast.

Just have coffee a bagel on your balcony. Then go to the main dining room for a real breakfast.

Like :D

On sea days - We often order coffee and juice room service, relax with them on the balcony then go to Brunch in the MDR.

On port days we get items off of the room service - and if we want something hot we just grab it from the Lido to add to the things we had delivered.