Alchemy Bar…different from other bars?

I believe it is due to the Martini Tasting menu and the skill of the bartenders. Our bartender could pour 4 or 5 glasses, can't remember exactly, at once. Really impressive. She stacked the shakers up and poured! Beautiful to watch, even better to drink. They also offered complimentary tray of olives or something tasty. Can't really recall details but looking forward to it in October. Oh yes, they give you a charm for a wine or martini glass. Every time I use mine I remember the cruise:):):)

It was a lot of fun on Pride.!

The bartender, an American, put the 4 martinis in front of me and I had to guess which was which. Two I mixed up and he had me try again. Then he gave me a little silver charm of a martini glass with a stone in it. (It is on some silver hoop the size of an earing--I still don't know what to do with it!)

He was very entertaining. Best if there are other people there and you watch all the interactions.

EVERYTHING about it is different. The have master mixologists, not just bartenders. It's the difference between a cook and a chef. They also have a great ambiance, fresh pressed juices, cool ingredients like fresh basil and rosemary, TOP shelf liquors in their cocktails and infusions that they make themselves.

Here are some pics from my Alchemy Bar experience a couple weeks ago.

20150704_200920_zpsjg8czwik.jpg

20150704_200929_zpsy4humjlv.jpg

My drink with fresh rosemary!

20150706_165235_zps259e6vfg.jpg

Then she grated cinnamon on it and lit some orange zest on fire :)

20150706_164101_zpsyfml3bqu.jpg

We ordered the martini sampler. Great value!

20150706_163353_zpsbywxxkfo.jpg

They deviate from the drink menu too. I think that's what really sets them apart. Mixologists with personality. You can tell them what sort of drink you like and they will make up something on the spot. I never had a "creation" I didn't like, and I'm kind of picky.

This is a different "bar" experience on a cruise ship, or anywhere else. You can sit down and tell the mixologist that you like a certain kind of spirits and your favorite flavors in a drink. And trust me, they will make you a drink that you will like. They have any flavor you can think of. Ask them for something made with vodka and cucumber, or a tequila old fashion, or try anything off the menu. They bring you a small tray of cured olives, cubes of cheese, and various nuts to snack on. It is truly an alchemy bar.

We also took the 2 hour mixology class. It's not listed in the Fun Times and they only let 11 people in. We went there often enough that we were invited to sign up by the mixologists. It was a lecture, shaking how-to, 3 mini martinis, a shot, and a coupon for a free drink there later, for $15 pp

20150710_141112_zpsnzg0oiwv.jpg

Edited by Martini Mom

We really like the Alchemy Bar! The drinks are unique and can't be bought at other bars around the ship. Not to mention I feel like they are really good quality drinks with good ingredients. Plus the bartenders and the atmosphere make it something special too!

I'll echo the sentiments above. The bartenders are who really make the Alchemy Bar awesome. Last cruise we spent the week challenging them with new drink ideas, and they would challenge us each night to try new recipes that they had come up with. They're the only cruise staff who I've made a point to send an email to Carnival after the cruise to recognize how great they are.

And just an FYI...the martini tasting is not unique to the Alchemy Bar. On ships with no Alchemy Bar, they have the Martini tasting at another bar location, and those bartenders also do the fancy pours with multiple shakers.

Since I am a martini lover, I am looking forward to my first Alchemy Bar on the Triumph. They have a unique drink menu and mixologists, which usually have more training in the mixing of more diverse cocktails than the normal bartenders.

First rule of Alchemy Bar is: You don't talk about Alchemy Bar. :D

But seriously, Alchemy Bar isn't a bar, it's an experience. Anyone who's pulled up a seat there more than twice know what I'm talking about.

So much an experience, that we won't book a cruise on a Carnival ship unless it has one.

You end up wanting to take the bartenders... excuse me, the Alchemists home with you!

It's like trying to explain a RollerCoaster ride to someone that's never been on one. You just gotta strap in, and enjoy the ride!

This was my favorite bar aboard the Miracle in June. The theme is, Martinis and Cocktails infused with fresh fruit juices and herbs.

High quality liquors, flavorful drinks, a mix of bitter and sweet drinks, and unlike any experience at a bar I've been to.

If you see Yelizabeta on Carnival Miracle, you're in good hands!

I'm sorry, can you be a bit more detailed? Where to? Where from? What time of year?

I think they mean a flight of martinis. I've never had them but I thought it was something like $17 for four sample sized martinis. I can't wait to try them and find out for myself on my next cruise!

You guys have wet my appetite even more for our upcoming Christmas cruise! She just had a 2.0 makeover and the Alchemy Bar is one of the new venues. I can't wait to try it out! Thanks for all the info! It's what I love about Cruise Critic.:D