3 passengers in a room for 2?

Taylors

Hi all!

I am picking rooms for our upcoming family cruise. There will be 6 of us total. My husband, 2 year old and myself will be in one room. And my parents and nephew in the other.

We would ideally prefer a connecting room. Unfortunately we waited to book and are unable to get any that accommodate 3 each. We did however find a 2/4 connecting.

My son bed shares with my husband and I don't see this changing much in the next 6 months. What kind of issues could we run into if we booked my husband in the room with my parents (I'm assuming we should book the toddler in a room with at least one parent?) are there any rules against having more than the occupancy in the room? What about my husbands sign and sail, can it be linked to open our room door?

Sorry for so many questions! And any unavoidable confusion.. It's late here and I have a toddler cutting molars so I'm not completely coherent all the time...

That would make it less complicated! I just wasn't sure if they would then be responsible for checking him in/out of camp and if there was anything with muster stations. Or with customs upon re-entry. We've never cruised with little ones before so I am not sure what the security procedures are.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That would make it less complicated! I just wasn't sure if they would then be responsible for checking him in/out of camp and if there was anything with muster stations. Or with customs upon re-entry. We've never cruised with little ones before so I am not sure what the security procedures are.

Book your self and spouse with both kids in the 4 person cabin, and your parents in the 2 person cabin. Once onboard, if someone from each cabin goes to guest services, you can get extra key cards to allow access to both cabins.

How old is the nephew?

We did something similar last month. Booked the 11 year old in with his great grandmother to save Mom the solo supplement. Upon boarding little man moved in with Mom and Dad and slept on the couch.

It really isn't a problem. I would like to mention if you book connecting balcony rooms you likely can not open the balcony divider. When traveling as a family we find this ideal, not just for the add space but for privacy.

My nephew will be 17. And we weighed the options of connecting room, or opening the balcony division. We figured with the toddler he would have more room to run around with connecting rooms.

None of those things will be an issue. My daughter and I both went to Camp Carnival to check the grandkids in and then either of us could go check them out once the papers were in order. Not a problem with customs - just all go as a group - customs does not care what room you were in on the ship. You and your husband in one room and all the others in the other room, that way no key cards need to be changed. Your child can sleep wherever you want him to.

None of those things will be an issue. My daughter and I both went to Camp Carnival to check the grandkids in and then either of us could go check them out once the papers were in order. Not a problem with customs - just all go as a group - customs does not care what room you were in on the ship. You and your husband in one room and all the others in the other room, that way no key cards need to be changed. Your child can sleep wherever you want him to.

and if he doesn't want to sleep, leave him with the grands...:D

We did this with my son, he is with my solo aunt in a connecting balcony room to us. When we went to do my son's online registration we signed him up for Camp Carnival and put my husband and I as people who can sign him in and out (Although he is 11 and now signs himself out on most occasions). We also added him on our credit card account, as a non-authorized user :D

And having him on your credit card without charge privileges still let's you pay his gratuities (unless you pre-paid already).

To the OP: When you do your online check-in, after you setup your's and spouse's account, there is a section at the bottom to add someone in another cabin. Just follow that link to add son to your account as a non-charging user on your credit card. That way, his gratuities will be on your card and the Grands won't need to worry. They just setup their own and nephew's (?) accounts.

If your toddler is going to stay in your cabin the whole time...be sure to take his child-size life jacket with you to your cabin. You just never know. It's what I would do.;)

In the past, we've booked our DS and me in one cabin and his BFF and the DH in another cabin. When we got on-board, as others have said, we went to the Concierge Desk and got extra room keys made and then the DH switched with the DS so he and his BFF could have their own cabin. So it's easily done and no one cares.

We did this plenty times when our children were younger for the same reason you stated, cabin location. They were small enough to share the couch and we let our cabin steward know and they provided an extra life jacket for the cabin. Easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect. The rooms are adjoining so I'm not too concerned with the life vest. We'll definitely pull it over to our side, but I imagine the interior door will be open unless we're sleeping.