Kids age range for the camp/circle c?

jessrn76

I'll have a 14 y/o and an 11 y/o (2 months shy of 12) which puts them in two different age groups for the kids/young teens group. So frustrating since they both would love the circle c but neither one will want to go in their separate groups solo. Such a bummer that again on this next cruise they will miss out. I'm guessing carnival is still super strict in not letting siblings move up or down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no direct experience, but I don't think they'd let the 11 yr old move up to Circle C. Circle C is a lot less supervised than Camp Carnival, so it would be a liability issue for them. Also, 11 yr olds have to wear the safety wristbands, but 12 does not.

That said, it never hurts to ask. Just be prepared to be told "no."

Hopefully, if they are in different groups, they will take this opportunity to make new friends and have a blast.

This doesn't help you, but there are reports of them moving kids within the age groups of Camp Carnival, i.e. a 8 yr old moving with the 9 -11s. However, this is only when space permits, and is not a certain thing.

Camp Ages:

Camp Carnival/Camp Ocean 2-5 6-8 9-11

Circle “C” 12-14

Club 02 15-17

Camp Carnival or Camp Ocean kids are required to wear a wrist band. Circle C and Club 02 have stickers on their sail & sign cards since they have to register for the clubs.

Circle C spends most of their time out of the small room they have as a meeting place.

My boys were 9 and 13 the last time we cruised. They are best buds at home and I was concerned about them not wanting to be seperated during the cruise. It turned out that they both had a great time and made new friends. I bet yours will too. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I have actually seen many occasions where they have let 11 year olds into circle c. On my most recent cruise my DD met a friend, who was 13, and she had an 11 year old cousin who was let into circle c so they could be together. Since your 11 y/o is almost 12 and has a sibling in circle c they should allow you to change groups from what I have experienced. The final decision still remains up to the circle c counselor, but either way your kids should have a blast.

We are just off the triumph on August 1st, traveled with Our two boys. Oldest is 13y and younger will be 12 in October. We originally had them signed up for their respective age groups, but on second day moved the younger one up to be with his brother. No issues.

We are just off the triumph on August 1st, traveled with Our two boys. Oldest is 13y and younger will be 12 in October. We originally had them signed up for their respective age groups, but on second day moved the younger one up to be with his brother. No issues.

Really? That's promising! My younger son is 8 and my older son 10. The rest of the kids in our group are in the 9-11 group. The 8 year old looks like he is 12, is always with older kids. I have not been able to move him up on any line, even when he was 10 days shy of turning the next age.

Going to try again on the Pride on 08/30 now, thanks!!!!