Doing laundry on a river cruise?

Kenster

Does anyone do this? We're doing our second two week cruise coming up in October. We do it with a carry on size bag each. Yes, even my bride. But this time, I was thinking about maybe doing a wee bit of laundry so I could pack a little less. Like not having to take two weeks worth of socks and underwear. Maybe a few fewer shirts. It's going to be cool to cold so I should be able to rotate shirts to wear them each three times but might want to wash one or two out.

I live in khakis and can go several days on one pair, especially in cool weather and those little Tide Spot cleaner pens do a good job for minor spills. Three pairs of Khaki pants will do for me.

I suppose you can wash out a few things at night in the sink or even the shower and hang them to dry. I'd rather not have underwear hanging out when the steward cleans the room each morning but I'm sure he/she has seen it all before.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi,

For underwear (his & hers) try the Ex Officio brand. They hand wash very nicely and dry in about 1-2 hrs. Take a twisted braid style clothes line (no need for clips). If just Polo style shirts wash by hand- shampoo does a great job and usually leaves a light pleasant scent. dry upside down (ie tuck the shirt hem into the braid)that way collars do not retain water.

Or just splurge on the ship's service-it is a vacation.

Enjoy

Carole

Will be on the AMA Certo in Oct and wondering if they have self laundry or just the in house service ?

Also, are irons available for passenger use ?

No irons available and no self self laundry. Prices are quite reasonable to use their service.