Sensational Serenade 12 night Med with Venice overnight and Montenegro Review.

Hey Cath ,

We're back from our cruise ... first thing to do ... check if you posted ... well ... at least I didn't miss anything ... but what's keeping ya? You ARE back in Ireland, aren't you? Or did you spontaneously decide to emigrate to Rome with mommy and Grrrr? Maybe you're busy getting an affordable flat and learning Italian and coping with Roman traffic ... in that case granted .... take your time ... but if you didn't emigrate and are back on the Island ......

PLEASE POST!!!!! WE MISS YOU!!!!!!

Stef

• 1 month later...

I think it safe to say that I have kept you in suspense for long enough (hey it’s only been about two months) so I won’t keep you waiting any longer. By the skin of our teeth we miraculously managed to manoeuvre our way out of the maze of Kotor old town and jumped into the last tender back to the ship (with about 60 seconds to spare, gulp). By the time we got back on board it was 8.45 so we went straight up to Windjammer. Dinner was finishing up so we grabbed a big plate of antipasti between us and sat out the back to watch the sail away from one of our new favourite places.

DSC_0501_zpsx5cda9w1.jpg

Missing dinner in the main dining room had never been more worth it. The town looked just spectacular lit up with hundreds of lights and then suddenly I think the most wonderful thing of the entire trip happened. Darkness fell almost instantly and then the moon just seemed to shoot up from behind the mountain in a matter of moments. Again, I’m sure my pictures won’t do this justice but here goes....

PICT_20140613_205619_zpsfixamrtm.jpg

PICT_20140613_205642_zpsvr3dwk37.jpg

PICT_20140613_211232_zpsbct5zzcu.jpg

Gradually sailing away

DSC_0222_zps4imny5if.jpg

Hello Mr Moon.

So glad you're back Cath! Those photos are fabulous!! Just what we've come to expect from you. We're going on the Splendour out of Venice Sept. 19th and Kotor is our 1st stop. After reading your review, we can't wait.

Judi

So glad you're back Cath! Those photos are fabulous!! Just what we've come to expect from you. We're going on the Splendour out of Venice Sept. 19th and Kotor is our 1st stop. After reading your review, we can't wait.

Judi

oh Judi you lucky duck, you will love Kotor and just know that the sail away is worth missing dinner over! Remember to come back and write a review for us :)

• 1 month later...

As promised....We used Cath's method of getting into San Marco in Venice. You can wait in line for an hour, or you can pay 2 Euro a person for a timed entry.

The company is Venetoinside.com

There is the main door where the average person gets in, and then the tour group door to the immediate left. You pick a time and have a 10 minute window to enter. We showed up 15 minutes early, and the guy didn't even look at the time. I think if you miss your time, still give it a try, they may just let you in. So as far as it goes, it worked just as promised,

The down side is that you are entering with tour groups and are shuffled in with the crowds as soon as you get inside. It was a mob scene inside the church. Once inside a lot of the sights are charged at a separate rate. We shuffled through the church, didn't see much, bought a book on the church at the book store and left.

Later we got the advice to go later in the afternoon. Fewer crowds and they turn some lights on in the church.

On a personal note, we did not get to Cannaregio section of Venice, so were not able to see St Lucia church for Cath. :(

Denise

• 3 months later...

Hi Ladies

Thank you for your concern and well wishes. Unfortunately we had to make the decision to cancel our cruise in July, I have an ongoing illness which meant I really would not have been comfortable or been able to make the most of the cruise. Hopefully next Summer things will be better and we will be able to cruise again even if it has to be at a slower pace!

As you can imagine I was devastated when it became obvious that we would have to cancel and I have really been avoiding this website - but Stef I will get back to reading your review soon.

Hoping you are all well and happy,

Thanks again for the kind words,

Catherine