Thoughts on serenade of the seas

lyban

I have only been on 1 cruise, enchantment and loved it.

We will be going on freedom this February.

Now I am looking at serenade for next sept. Can anyone give me your thoughts on this ship.

Will I be disappointed after the two previous ships.

Just my husband and I , mid 60 range.

Bob, thank you.

Also we have always had balconies and this time I am thinking of a outside window cabin.

Any tips as to what deck or what to look for.

Thanks

I like to be on a deck with staterooms above and below me.

Serenade is our favorite in this class of ships. If you liked Enchantment you will love this one. As Bob said it's slightly bigger and has a few more options than Enchantment does.

Like Bob, we prefer rooms with cabins both above and below us. Since your considering an ocean view take a look at the deck plans and see what is available that will work for you. If noise is a concern, try to avoid a cabin close to the Centrum.

We prefer ships with a Royal Promenade but we certainly enjoyed our cruise on Serenade. If you are going to book an ocean view cabin I will just warn you that the cabins on the lowest passenger deck all have small portholes. The cabins on the next deck up have the large round windows.

Bob, thank you.

Also we have always had balconies and this time I am thinking of a outside window cabin.

Any tips as to what deck or what to look for.

Thanks

In the space at the top of the page, there is a listing of all of the ships, and clicking on the link takes you to threads about that ship.

There is one for the Serenade of the Seas.

Going from a Freedom to a Radiance class you'll miss the Promenade as others have pointed out as well as the cantilevered hot tubs that the Freedoms have. That said we loved the differences between them - Freedom seemed so much more interior-oriented because of the Royal Promenade, which is fun, but we also loved the amount of glass and view of the ocean that the Radiances sport. FWIW we liked the enclosed Solarium (although the roof is retractable) and that it felt more like a separate area from the main pool area. I don't think you'll be disappointed with Serenade.

The Serenade Compared to the Enchantment will be a MUCH NICER ship. More Elegant - More Space Per Passenger - More Ocean-View everywhere you look.

AND

We have been on the Serenade a lot, and I can tell you the crew/staff are the friendliest we have experienced.

We also PREFER the Serenade (All Radiance Class ships) to the Freedom Class mainly because we LOVE the ocean. On the Serenade, you see the ocean everywhere because of the amount of glass/window in all spaces - even the elevators look out on the ocean.

The other reason we love the Serenade more is because of the number of passengers. There are 2500 on the Serenade / there are 4500 :eek: on the Freedom. The Dining Room and the Windjammer always feel more crowded on the Freedom.

That being said, we have been on the Freedom and will go again next week- love the Promenade Deck for meeting friends and watching people.

The Serenade Compared to the Enchantment will be a MUCH NICER ship. More Elegant - More Space Per Passenger - More Ocean-View everywhere you look.

AND

We have been on the Serenade a lot, and I can tell you the crew/staff are the friendliest we have experienced.

We also PREFER the Serenade (All Radiance Class ships) to the Freedom Class mainly because we LOVE the ocean. On the Serenade, you see the ocean everywhere because of the amount of glass/window in all spaces - even the elevators look out on the ocean.

The other reason we love the Serenade more is because of the number of passengers. There are 2500 on the Serenade / there are 4500 :eek: on the Freedom. The Dining Room and the Windjammer always feel more crowded on the Freedom.

That being said, we have been on the Freedom and will go again next week- love the Promenade Deck for meeting friends and watching people.

I don't know, maybe it was just the location of our table but we felt that Reflections on Serenade felt much tighter than Isaac on Freedom.

Interesting thoughts everyone.

I am not sure that the promenade will be a big seller for my husband and I but since I have not sailed yet on freedom, I really don,t know how we will feel about it.

Also being September and looking at Boston, maine,new Brunswick and Nova Scotia, the weather might be a bit cooler and enclosed solarium sounds good.

I like to be on a deck with staterooms above and below me.

I have that same rule. Once I was on deck 7 on Jewel of the Seas and ended up with a cabin over the bar at the rear of the ship and could hear the band play every night - really just the drum beat. After that, I never wanted a cabin on a floor adjacent to a public deck.

Interesting thoughts everyone.

I am not sure that the promenade will be a big seller for my husband and I but since I have not sailed yet on freedom, I really don,t know how we will feel about it.

Also being September and looking at Boston, maine,new Brunswick and Nova Scotia, the weather might be a bit cooler and enclosed solarium sounds good.

The weather could be cooler since we are heading into Fall, but so far September temperatures in Boston are in the high 80's, lower 90's and if we get a typical Indian Summer in October the temps again could be quite warm. Layers is the operative word but the climate-controlled solarium on Serenade will allow you to enjoy the pool regardless of outside weather conditions. Enjoy. We like all of RCI's ships, the ones with a Royal Promenade and those without but Radiance class ships are definitely our favorites.