Ovation or Explorer of the Seas?

Silly question, which I pose not for others to make the decision for me. We are just interested in hear other people's perspective.

We booked into a Royal Family Suite. Grand-father, Dad (me) and Mum with three Kids who will be 9, 10 & 11 years old. So that's six of us in a concierge two bedroom suite in the Explorer of the Seas.

If we move to the Ovation we will likely need to get two adjoining inside cabins, maybe a window or a small balcony but the RFS is over $30,000!

We are cruising from Sydney around Christmas/New Year on both proposed sailings.

Which one would you choose and why?

Yeah, thanks for these ideas. My 11 year old daughter is really looking forward to spending time as a VIP with her Grandad...you know how granddad and their granddaughters cans be really close (even though he live in Scotland and we live in the Torres Strait!) . But she and the other are tempted by the dodgem cars etc. etc...

Yeah, thanks for these ideas. My 11 year old daughter is really looking forward to spending time as a VIP with her Grandad...you know how granddad and their granddaughters cans be really close (even though he live in Scotland and we live in the Torres Strait!) . But she and the other are tempted by the dodgem cars etc. etc...

It comes down to what think you are more important... The suite perks or the fancy attractions on Ovation?

Although Ovation has some of Royal's newest innovations, Explorer still has tons to do, including the flowrider, mini golf, ice skating and more.

I think we keep our Explorer of the Seas booking. Maybe look at the Ovation in 2017-2018....

Hi,

We've sailed on the Explorer and Quantum and loved both. If RFS is only an option on EOS, then that is a unique experience and well worth the experience. The quantum class is really amazing. They've married the tech with the ship well. We did the transatlantic from NY to Barcelona. The ship was very stable. The North Star, iFly, 270, bumper cars and bionic bar were all hits with our family. Enjoy EOS for your holiday cruise, we did Xmas New Years twice on her and had a blast.

Cheers,

Aaron

• 4 weeks later...
I'd keep your Explorer booking and then look at booking Ovation another time.

Is this your first cruise?

Sorry for the late reply. This is our 5th cruise. We did 3 cruises on a re-badged RCCL ship called the Island Escape. It was joined owned by RCCL and Island Cruises in those days and we liked what we saw of RCCLs influence on things on that dear old, characterful ship. We have done one Disney cruise....that was fab!

Have you decided what you're going to do?

The Voyager class ships have a great range of things to do. Have sailed on Voyager twice, and have a very fast approaching cruise coming up on Explorer. Whilest onboard will look at booking Ovation for the 2017/18 season.

Booked the cruise on Explorer and booked a suite, so looking forward to that experience!

Edited by tillydog

Are you sailing on the 22nd Dec 2016 sailing? If so you should join the Meet and Mingle Roll Call I started on here :)

Oh, I wish we were. We are going on the 3rd of January 2017. Really looking forward to it. You can give us some up to the minute tips when you go just before us....

• 4 weeks later...
Have you decided what you're going to do?

The Voyager class ships have a great range of things to do. Have sailed on Voyager twice, and have a very fast approaching cruise coming up on Explorer. Whilest onboard will look at booking Ovation for the 2017/18 season.

Booked the cruise on Explorer and booked a suite, so looking forward to that experience!

My son and I are practising his is reading.

We read through this post. We would like to ask if you can let us know how you go with your suite perks? The kids are excited about these things!

Alan and Rory

x

My son and I are practising his is reading.

We read through this post. We would like to ask if you can let us know how you go with your suite perks? The kids are excited about these things!

Alan and Rory

x

I shall let you know! Am quite looking forward to making use of the various perks! Very exciting!! :)