What to do in FP besides snorkeling or ATV tours?

Truffle

We will be in Tahiti, Bora Bora and Moorea and are no longer interested in snorkeling, although we love catamarans. I have a really bad back so I'm thinking an ATV tour is not right for me. We do love the beach and love dining. I'm also interested in doing a little shopping.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Truffle
Spelling

I can recommend Albert's Lagoon Tour on Moorea. There is a snorkeling stop for about 30 minutes during which you can stay on the boat or wade in the chest deep water to see the sharks and rays. I really enjoyed this tour. See post #10 here for pictures

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40684647

Bora Bora has similar tours.

Sent from my Nexus 7

You are correct that with a bad back an ATV tour is probably not the best option. If you are looking to stay off the water then on Moorea I would suggest renting a car and touring around. It is quite easy as there is only one road that goes around the island and you can also head up to Belvedere for some great sights. If you make a few stops to eat/shop it would be hard to take more than 4-6 hours.

I loved the Bora Bora circumnavigation. There is snorkelling if you want it but I don't snorkel. I did get into the water to play with the Rays.

There is also a Moorea sun set sail in a cat that people love.

We also book day rooms at the Sofitel in Moorea to enjoy their wonderful beach.

Truffle -

Which cruise are you going on? I see you're in Henderson. We used to live there (in Seven Hills) and now are in Summerlin.

We doing the Sept 28 Pacific Princess FP cruise.

We are on the 18 night Tahitian Treasures cruise on Celebrity Solstice, departing from Sydney on April 3rd. Getting very excited and counting down the days! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
We are on the 18 night Tahitian Treasures cruise on Celebrity Solstice, departing from Sydney on April 3rd. Getting very excited and counting down the days! :)

Greetings Truffle,

We live in Boulder City & are taking the cruise you just took in April. I would love to hear your thoughts on the ports, what excursions you did, where you stayed in Sydney?

Hope you had a great trip!

Russ. & Cheryl from

Boulder City NV