Island Princess no IC is coffee card worth it

Travelinyolo

When in MDR, do you just request specialty (ie: ground coffee) as opposed to a concentrate? I never knew there was a difference.

Apparently the MDR coffee from concentrate has been okay for you because you didn't know there was a difference. :)

I rarely order a specialty coffee drink in a dining room & have never seen anyone request a brewed coffee. I've read that the waiter has to go to the IC to get specialty coffee & it would be the same for brewed coffee. If everyone made such requests then the already overworked waiters would spend too much time running back & forth to the IC. If I required brewed coffee then I'd go there after dinner to get a cup.

Hopefully I didn't affect your enjoyment of a cup of coffee at dinner now that you're aware that it isn't brewed coffee. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I rarely order a specialty coffee drink in a dining room & have never seen anyone request a brewed coffee. I've read that the waiter has to go to the IC to get specialty coffee & it would be the same for brewed coffee. If everyone made such requests then the already overworked waiters would spend too much time running back & forth to the IC. If I required brewed coffee then I'd go there after dinner to get a cup. ;)

Every night at dinner's end the waiter are soliciting sales of premium coffees. I'm sure I've seen a cappuccino machine in the galley when taking the walk-through tour. What seems to be implied is that if you waiter knew you had a coffee card they wouldn't, or shouldn't make the effort to serve you one.

Every night at dinner's end the waiter are soliciting sales of premium coffees. I'm sure I've seen a cappuccino machine in the galley when taking the walk-through tour. What seems to be implied is that if you waiter knew you had a coffee card they wouldn't, or shouldn't make the effort to serve you one.

There's nothing implied at all & I don't understand how you came to such a conclusion...talk about putting words into someone's mouth! :rolleyes:

To me there's no difference between using a card punch or purchasing it and I never posted, nor implied that was the situation. If they have a cappuccino machine in the galley that's great but I've never heard of a brewed coffee machine in a dining room.

And if I want to express an opinion, then I'll post it and not make some vague implication.