Delayed boarding on the Royal tomortow put of Southampton - what to expect?

Flo71

Anyone had sny experience at Southampton. We have been told boarding now starts at 3pm and ends 6.30pm. Will it be chaos?

They may be late getting in or many ships in port. Delay may provide for smoother boarding after other ships have boarded. also depends on if people heed the notice and don't arrive until after 3 pm. But it could be chaos. Let us know!!!

Oh so sorry! I have no experience with that. What do you plan on doing until boarding?

We arrived in Southampton today and have paid to keep the hotel room on until 2pm. Will have to sit it out at port after that.

Delay is probably due to a big clean on the ship due to code red reported in other thread. Hopefully they get it all cleaned up and you'll not have any problems. We sail on the TA on the 6th so I hope it's run it's course by then.

Delay is probably due to a big clean on the ship due to code red reported in other thread. Hopefully they get it all cleaned up and you'll not have any problems. We sail on the TA on the 6th so I hope it's run it's course by then.

Yeah...me too!

We arrived in Southampton today and have paid to keep the hotel room on until 2pm. Will have to sit it out at port after that.

It's a beautiful town well worth walking around to see. The dock is not far from the town center.

We had a delayed boarding last year in Southampton. YES, it was complete

chaos. First of all check Princess for what pier, as our ship was moved

away from the main area. There were huge lines when we arrived about 4:00pm. If you are priority boarding check and find out where you need to line

up as there was a separate line. This saved us a huge wait. Also it was raining and there was no place

to wait and be dry. It the terminal was old and had a small check in area.

It was very crowed, long lines to get cases x-rayed, and thru security. It was not pleasant, but keep and good attitude and you will soon be on your way

to a great cruise.