Princess Cruise Secrets 2015

KruzeKrazy!

Never hurts to remind...

OBC can be "stacked".

Veterans OBC, send DD214 (or other docs) & it is kept on file forever.

Shareholder OBC - buy 100 Carnival shares, send proof of ownership for every cruise.

Future Cruise Credit (FCC) - pay $100 while onboard, this will be your total deposit (for almost all cruises) plus receive OBC.

Not sure if it's a secret but I didn't know about this until I read about it on the 2014 Secret thread. If you like ice cream in the main dinning room you can order a Volcano, from the kids menu. It's a banana split and it is WONDERFUL. I ordered it on my last cruise and people at tables that were around us actually came over and asked what it was. Absolutely worth a try!!

When you are in the MDR you can order almost anything from a previous days menu..ex...you had delicious French Onion Soup on Monday...now its Thursday and its not on the current menu...you can still get it..this was true 5 years ago on our last cruise...im hoping things have not changed...

When you are in the MDR you can order almost anything from a previous days menu..ex...you had delicious French Onion Soup on Monday...now its Thursday and its not on the current menu...you can still get it..this was true 5 years ago on our last cruise...im hoping things have not changed...

Five years in the cruise industry is a lifetime when you consider all of the recent cutbacks.

I agree Smeck...good point.

that said you would hope with the drastic reduction in fuel costs for Princess that the cruise line would be eager to "share" with their loyal passengers for choosing Princess for a "lifetime" of cruising...

I really hope on my upcoming CB on 2/26 the food and Norman Love blow me away...I will have a full review upon my return...

cheers!!

You usually have to ask for it 24 hours in advance.

Not sure if it's a secret but I didn't know about this until I read about it on the 2014 Secret thread. If you like ice cream in the main dinning room you can order a Volcano, from the kids menu. It's a banana split and it is WONDERFUL. I ordered it on my last cruise and people at tables that were around us actually came over and asked what it was. Absolutely worth a try!!

It normally comes with vanilla ice cream, but you can have it made with any other flavor on the menu that evening.

17531712Volcanobananasplit100_8579_zps248ffe34.jpg

Edited by caribill

It normally comes with vanilla ice cream, but you can have it made with any other flavor on the menu that evening.

17531712Volcanobananasplit100_8579_zps248ffe34.jpg

That looks yummy, but I have to say mine was different. It had chocolate and vanilla ice cream and had pineapple, hot fudge and strawberry toppings also.

Just returned last week from CP--I actually asked if they had Onion Soup and my request was turned down. Waiter said we missed it be a few days-

Actually this is the only cruise line that I hear the word sorry, but we can not do this -

We also asked to talk on the phone to the internet manager--again we heard sorry , we need to go to meet him in person.

any savings from the current, and probably temporary drop in fuel prices will be in the future if at all......cruise ships are not like cars.....they don't pull up to the pumps and the captain whips out a credit card when he fills up.....the lines contract for fuel at set rates for a period of time....so when the rate drops they are still paying the same as before....if in the next cycle they contract at a lower rate you MIGHT see a small drop remember fuel while a large expense is not the only one (nor the largest) that is part of the operating expense for the line..or the slight difference might ust go to the stockholders..

I agree Smeck...good point.

that said you would hope with the drastic reduction in fuel costs for Princess that the cruise line would be eager to "share" with their loyal passengers for choosing Princess for a "lifetime" of cruising...

I really hope on my upcoming CB on 2/26 the food and Norman Love blow me away...I will have a full review upon my return...

cheers!!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that has cruised recently, I have a few questions:

Chef's Table: What is the current charge for this and do we sign up at the front desk or call the DINE line?

Pools: Other than the Sanctuary/Spa are all pools open to kids? One cruise we were on there was suddenly an "adults only" sign put up half way through the cruise :(

Junior Chef: Is this something we need to sign up for? How/where, if so?

Thanks in advance! Sailing on Grand in a few weeks and this is our first time on this ship, so any further "ship specific" tips greatly welcomed!:D

That looks yummy, but I have to say mine was different. It had chocolate and vanilla ice cream and had pineapple, hot fudge and strawberry toppings also.

DH orders it frequently and his has always come the topping you described never only vanilla. :)

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Chef's Table: What is the current charge for this and do we sign up at the front desk or call the DINE line? Front Desk $95 (less if you don't drink wine)

Pools: Other than the Sanctuary/Spa are all pools open to kids? One cruise we were on there was suddenly an "adults only" sign put up half way through the cruise :( The aft pool by Outrigger bar

Thanks in advance! Sailing on Grand in a few weeks and this is our first time on this ship, so any further "ship specific" tips greatly welcomed!:D

Don't know anything about Junior Chef

Chef's Table: What is the current charge for this and do we sign up at the front desk or call the DINE line? $115 on the Royal and Regal. $95 on all others.

Junior Chef: Is this something we need to sign up for? How/where, if so? Sign up at the kids club. It is popular, so do it ASAP.

see above in red

Chef's Table: What is the current charge for this and do we sign up at the front desk or call the DINE line?

Pools: Other than the Sanctuary/Spa are all pools open to kids? One cruise we were on there was suddenly an "adults only" sign put up half way through the cruise :(

Not all ship's pools are the same nor in the same location. On the Grand, the aft pool is adults only but it is a much deeper pool than the Regal's aft pool. Definitely not a pool for children to play in.

Not all ship's pools are the same nor in the same location. On the Grand, the aft pool is adults only but it is a much deeper pool than the Regal's aft pool. Definitely not a pool for children to play in.

Good to know, thanks! We were on Sapphire and the aft pool (Terrace Pool) was a small round pool that my 5 year old could touch the bottom in. The main central pool was much deeper - I could barely stand up in it! Will check out the options on Grand, but thanks for the heads up about the adult only pool aft!:)

Here is a tip for the ships that have an Adagio bar. I know for sure the Ruby and the Crown all have that Bar. Anyways at only this bar you can get a drink called a Tiramisu Martini. For chocolate lovers or tiramisu lovers this drink is a must have.

Edited by timetravler

• 1 month later...
Just returned last week from CP--I actually asked if they had Onion Soup and my request was turned down. Waiter said we missed it be a few days-

Actually this is the only cruise line that I hear the word sorry, but we can not do this -

We also asked to talk on the phone to the internet manager--again we heard sorry , we need to go to meet him in person.

The Sea Princess (CP) should be like all of the other Princess ships: you can request pretty much anything as long as you make the request 24 hours in advance. It's not something we ask for often but we have requested it in the past.

As for the Internet Manager, he's usually busy taking care of passengers who have taken the time to go to the Internet Cafe. It's much easier for him to answer a question if you have the device and software with you. FYI, the Internet Managers do not work for Princess. They are contractors.