Past cruise on Princess question

Peep.Penguin

Are you trying to ascertain your status regarding the Captain's Circle membership or trying to find out when credit card style door locks were fitted on this line?

Regards John

Hi John,

I have my membership number for captains circle, but I've been trying to locate my ship cards for a project I've been working on. Then I realized that princess may not have had cards back then. So I'm just trying to find out if I should be looking for a card or a piece of paper.

I have no idea but I would assume cards came into use as newer ships arrived in the fleet. Our first cruise in 1993 on an old NCL ship had real keys. Next on the brand new Celebrity Infinity in 2001 had cards. Our first Princess cruise in 2006 on Caribbean Princess and all cruises since had cards.

Maybe identify the Princess ships if possible.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

I have no idea but I would assume cards came into use as newer ships arrived in the fleet. Our first cruise in 1993 on an old NCL ship had real keys. Next on the brand new Celebrity Infinity in 2001 had cards. Our first Princess cruise in 2006 on Caribbean Princess and all cruises since had cards.

Maybe identify the Princess ships if possible.

Terry

Thanks Terry.

I was on the Crown (2000) and Golden (2003).

I was on the Crown (2000) and Golden (2003).

Those ships certainly had the current card system by then.

I was on the old Regal (twin of the old Crown) in 1998 and it certainly did.

Now I was also on the Sky Princess in 2000 right before she left the fleet and while the cabin door key was a card I'm pretty sure there was no centralized charging system, so there may have still been a paper card for that (as there was on the old Star Princess a few years earlier, which I believe my parents still have in their boxes of vacation memorabilia). What was most out of date on the gone-and-quite-forgettable Sky Princess was the key locked safe.

Those ships certainly had the current card system by then.

I was on the old Regal (twin of the old Crown) in 1998 and it certainly did.

Now I was also on the Sky Princess in 2000 right before she left the fleet and while the cabin door key was a card I'm pretty sure there was no centralized charging system, so there may have still been a paper card for that (as there was on the old Star Princess a few years earlier, which I believe my parents still have in their boxes of vacation memorabilia). What was most out of date on the gone-and-quite-forgettable Sky Princess was the key locked safe.

Thanks fishywood. I'll have to keep looking. I found my card from my first Royal Caribbean cruise back in 1997, and they had a plastic ship card, so I would assume princess did too.

Also, if anyone has a picture of their princess card from the same time period (early 2000's) I'd love to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every Princess cruise we have been on since 1999 had a plastic cruise card. This included the Dawn, Grand, Coral and Island from 2000 to 2003. The last paper card we have is from a 1995 Alaska voyage on the old Crown Princess. Since the Dawn launched in 1998 I would expect at least all new ships after that date would have used the plastic cards.

Edited by sknight

Princess has had plastic cruise cards at least since the launch of the Grand Princess in 2001.

As I remember, every Princess cruise I've taken has used a cruise card with the exception of the original Royal Princess.

Our first Princess cruise was July 2004 on the Pacific Princess. We still have our cards and they are just the same as our last cruise cards except they are blue and they have our cabin number printed on the card.

Our first cruise on Princess was on the Grand in 2001. We had a plastic card. However, they did not allow us to keep it while leaving the ship. At that time they still did pictures with a camera and did not have a matching to punch it. I think they used the cards to audit who had left the ship. That is what I remember.

Princess has had plastic cruise cards at least since the launch of the Grand Princess in 2001.

Grand entered service in 1998.

I have a plastic card from Grand in 1999, so I'm assuming they

had the cards at launch.

The computer officer bought ink in Turkey, which didn't last, so

a lot of my grand cards had the details worn off.

Our first cruise on Princess was on the Grand in 2001. We had a plastic card. However, they did not allow us to keep it while leaving the ship. At that time they still did pictures with a camera and did not have a matching to punch it. I think they used the cards to audit who had left the ship. That is what I remember.

We also had our card taken when we disembarked on our first Princess cruise. It was on the Star Princess in Copenhagen in 2007.

I remember reading posts on these boards back then of people saying they pretended to lose their card and then went to the purser's office to get a new one so that they would have a card after the ship confiscated their card.

On the original Pacific on a 2002 sailing, there was no plastic cruise card. We had keys for the cabin door and, I assume, a cardboard cruise card, just the same as on the Island eight years earlier.

We were on Pacific in 2004 and had plastic card that was everything, still have it somewhere.

We were on Pacific in 2004 and had plastic card that was everything, still have it somewhere.

I think we're talking about two different Pacifics. I'm referring to the original Love Boat, which left the fleet in 2002 (completely unrelated to my having sailed on her in that year). You must mean the current PP?

I think we're talking about two different Pacifics. I'm referring to the original Love Boat, which left the fleet in 2002 (completely unrelated to my having sailed on her in that year). You must mean the current PP?

Yes which came into service late 2002. I presume they wre installed when she was taken over by Princess as a friend who sailed on her as R3 said they weren't on her then.

Where is the love boat if not on a cruise ship by that name?:p

Edited by MicCanberra

I've got paper cards from my cruises from 1995 to 1998. First plastic one was for the Grand Princess in 3/2000, the cards had a photo of the ship on the front thru at least early 2002. On my Sun Princess cruise in May 2003 they were similar to the current cards showing your status level and color. In Oct 2004 I got my Black Elite :)

Someone on Cruise Critic had suggested this years ago, I keep them all in a Business card holder in order and its fun to leaf thru them and remember all the fun times aboard ship.

I've got paper cards from my cruises from 1995 to 1998. First plastic one was for the Grand Princess in 3/2000, the cards had a photo of the ship on the front thru at least early 2002. On my Sun Princess cruise in May 2003 they were similar to the current cards showing your status level and color. In Oct 2004 I got my Black Elite :)

Someone on Cruise Critic had suggested this years ago, I keep them all in a Business card holder in order and its fun to leaf thru them and remember all the fun times aboard ship.

That's really awesome DougH. I have all mine as refrigerator magnets right now, except for the princess ones I can't find. [emoji53]. I was on the Crown Princess in 2000 for the 10 RT Panama Canal trip and then the Golden Princess in 2003 for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean.