Island Princess no IC is coffee card worth it

Travelinyolo

The Island never had an IC.

They do specialty coffees at the La Patisserie. Deck 5 atrium.

The Coral had a bar for specialty coffee in the HC and hopefully the same thing on the Island.

If I wanted specialty & brewed coffee then I'd get a coffee card.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Don't know what you mean by "worth it" as the value of the discount from the card is identical no matter what ship you purchase it on.

Plenty of passengers who buy the card never visit the International Cafe, preferring their premium coffees in the dining rooms or from the bar on the Lido deck (from which any buffet server will fetch you one as well). La Patisserie on the Island will have all the ubiquitous overpriced west coast coffee concoctions you will ever want, just not the food items found at the IC.

If there is no IC anymore is the coffee card worth it?

Really depends how much coffee you drink. If you are planning to cruise on Island and are purchasing a new card and like fresh brew coffee then I would say yes. You can still use the card on other Princess ships.

They do? Where? Its been awhile since we sailed the Coral and have one coming up.

We sailed on the Coral in 2013 after the HC's renovation & it was at the forward end of the buffet at the front of the ship. As I recall it was like the Royal-class ships' Pastry Shop with only specialty coffee drinks & not brewed coffee.

Doesn't the "sip and sail" cover the specialty coffee, water & gelato too? Therefore if you have that you don't need a coffee card. We have the drink pkg. on the Island before it became the "sip and sail" and I was led to believe it covered all of the above. :confused:

Edited by Tyskie

DH gets the coffee card for his after-dinner cappuccinos. He never uses it for the brewed coffee (but did use a new card for hot chocolate in Alaska). A card lasts him several cruises. I store it with his passport so he'll have it handy on our next cruise.

Thanks Frank......

Good, last time we sailed they still had the old dance floor there. :eek:

They must have figured out that more passengers prefer to eat than to dance at the buffet. :p

Now in that area there are many drink stations & food serving areas including desserts so it's possible to get food & drink without going to the main section of the buffet. :) My 2 year old memory seems to recall the specialty coffee area also had some alcoholic drinks available just like the Coral's small IC.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Having never sailed Princess before I am unclear of how the coffee card works. We will be on the Island in Sept. and have the AIBP. We are in a Suite and will be enjoying breakfasts as much as possible in Sabatini's which is when we enjoy coffee the most. However, an occasional speciality coffee or fresh brewed decaf in the evenings would be enjoyable as well.

With that being said, would you that have had coffee cards recommend getting one and if so, how much are they? Our cruise is for 12 days.

Thanks!

Having never sailed Princess before I am unclear of how the coffee card works. We will be on the Island in Sept. and have the AIBP. We are in a Suite and will be enjoying breakfasts as much as possible in Sabatini's which is when we enjoy coffee the most. However, an occasional speciality coffee or fresh brewed decaf in the evenings would be enjoyable as well.

With that being said, would you that have had coffee cards recommend getting one and if so, how much are they? Our cruise is for 12 days.

Thanks!

If you have the beverage package, you don't need the coffee card. Specialty coffee is included.

Jim

Thanks!

Having the AIBP you do not need a coffee card because brewed & specialty coffee drinks are included with your package.

If on another cruise without the package you can purchase a coffee card for $33.35 (includes 15% tip) which entitles you to brewed coffee during the cruise you purchase it & 15 specialty coffee punches that can be used on any cruise. Remaining punches can be also be used for a cup of brewed coffee on a future cruise.

While I'm not certain, I believe that all regular coffee served in any dining room is the type that comes from coffee concentrate unless getting a specialty coffee which uses ground coffee to prepare.

EDIT: f-mattox & jasbo49... sorry about my redundant post and obviously you can type quicker than me. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks!

As stated you don't need the coffee card its covered under the AIBP. ;)