Grandeur of the seas- dress code - our first cruise.

Reg Prescott

I'm sure this has been asked already and that there are perfectly good answers here on the forum but I'm not very good on forums new to me & haven't really found my way around just yet.

My next question is :

Is there a dress code for dining on Grandeur of the seas all dining areas,cruise in September ,Mediterranean. Also is there a compulsory formal evening,I'm not into formal dress & don't own a dinner suit so would rather avoid this if I can. I just don't look right in a suit .

Thanks everyone ..... any info will be very helpful.

Qs about specific lines are best asked on forums devoted exclusively to those lines. In addition there is a fashion board.

That said, nothing about the code is mandatory but certain choices have consequences. The dress code is enforced in the main dining room during dinner. If you don't want to wear a suit you can book a specialty restaurant, you can go to the buffet or get room service. The choice is yours.

Europe is also dressier than the Carribbean & many of the tourist attractions in various ports do have dress codes which must be observed for religious reasons -- no bare arms at the vatican for instance.

To me there is something magical about being all dressed up on board a ship. It makes the cruise for us. If it's not your cup of tea, that's OK.

Reg, I've been on 10 cruises with RCL, all of which have had formal nights. I always dress, mostly for photographs, but there are PLENTY of cruisers who not only don't wear tuxedos or long dresses, but who go to the main dining room fairly casually (slacks and collared shirt.) It's your cruise...be comfortable. Nobody really cares how you dress. Relax and enjoy yourself.

Archived