Sea Miles credit Card

billyball69

I'm considering the Carnival Sea Miles Mastercard. Anyone have any experience with this card? Is it worthwhile and can you actually redeem the points for cruises on any of the Carnival lines? Would appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

I have it and Im not using it anymore. You can get 5% back on Discover card certain times of the year if you book a cruise or any travel with them. You can go to there web page that lists the specials each month on what they give 5% back on. Me and sea miles are going to part ways

I'm considering the Carnival Sea Miles Mastercard. Anyone have any experience with this card? Is it worthwhile and can you actually redeem the points for cruises on any of the Carnival lines? Would appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

'

We have had one for years and still don't have enough points for a cruise not worth having is our thought! Carnival was offering a "Sail into the Future" offer while we were on the ship and we did buy that.

I have one and agree it is not a good rewards card. I'm about 85000 points and have until 6/10 before I start losing points. Since I have a cruise in 08 and will probably book one for 09 (double points on Carnival purchases) we will probably continue to use the card until we have paid for those cruises, take our free cruise in 09 and be done with this card.

It appears the RCCI credit card gives better rewards and is much easier to use. With SeaMiles you have to book through their agency and you can't get any discounts. Oh well, I am sure I will enjoy my free cruise.

I got one about 6 months ago to have as a second card while traveling. Got suckered by not seeing that the 6 months no interest was only on balance transfers way down in the fine print (and I'm a banker who actually reads that stuff.) Called their customer service with questions twice plus a third time to let them know I'd be out of the country - all times I was on hold forever and had rude phone reps. I did get them to waive the first month's finance charge since I had one printout that just said "6 months no interest" with no caveats but they wouldn't honor what I signed up for and told me finance charges would accrue after that. So I paid it off immediately and will cancel the card as soon as I redeem the points I have. Luckily I never carry a balance on my credit cards unless it is a no-interest deal so I was able to pay it off. It's back to Worldpoints for me.

I have one and agree it is not a good rewards card. I'm about 85000 points and have until 6/10 before I start losing points. Since I have a cruise in 08 and will probably book one for 09 (double points on Carnival purchases) we will probably continue to use the card until we have paid for those cruises, take our free cruise in 09 and be done with this card.

It appears the RCCI credit card gives better rewards and is much easier to use. With SeaMiles you have to book through their agency and you can't get any discounts. Oh well, I am sure I will enjoy my free cruise.

Cathy how long are the points good for? How can you check to see when the points are expiring?

Thanks

We've had Seamiles since June and will probably be cancelling it soon. When we called to do our balance transfer to Seamiles the phone rep told us our monthly payments would pay off our new balance first, then our transfer with what was left over.

Two months later we realize they've been applying our payments to our balance transfers so they could charge us interest on our new purchases. Exactly what she told us would not happen. When we called to complain, we were just told "sorry, she was wrong, too bad!" So we paid $40 in interest we shouldn't have had to pay. I should have cancelled then, but I'm a sucker for points and we're about 1/3 of the way to a free cruise.

On top of that, they won't even talk to me about it, since I'm not the primary account holder. I have a card, I pay the bill, but they won't discuss anything with me. I've had two emails ignored this month as well. It's the worst customer service I've ever had, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

I have it and Im not using it anymore. You can get 5% back on Discover card certain times of the year if you book a cruise or any travel with them. You can go to there web page that lists the specials each month on what they give 5% back on. Me and sea miles are going to part ways

That's what we did withour Discover too. We paid off our cruise when the 5% special was going on and made enough money to pay for one of our shore excursions and some change! ;)

I cut up my SeaMiles card. I could use it in one place drive down the road to put gas in the car and have the card declined even though there was only a $20 charge against the total credit limit. It happened several other times as well. When I'd call they'd say "Oh I don't know why that's happening, everything is fine on our end". Whatever....I'm done with it.

We booked our upcoming 8 day cruise using our seamile points but have now switched to an American Express Blue cash back card. We ran all our expenses including business expenses through the card and had a significant amount to charges ($30,000 to $40,000) each year. It still took nearly 4 yrs to have enough points for a decent cabin for free. I found that the points needed for a cruise keep going up faster than cruise prices. I decided to cash in the points now and just switch to a card that gives me cash back. I'll just bank the cash and use it when/where I want.

We booked our upcoming 8 day cruise using our seamile points but have now switched to an American Express Blue cash back card. We ran all our expenses including business expenses through the card and had a significant amount to charges ($30,000 to $40,000) each year. It still took nearly 4 yrs to have enough points for a decent cabin for free. I found that the points needed for a cruise keep going up faster than cruise prices. I decided to cash in the points now and just switch to a card that gives me cash back. I'll just bank the cash and use it when/where I want.

WE switched to the American Express as well. We got 30,000 free points for joining, no annual fee and we get $100 for every 7,500 points that we can use on any kind of travel (cruises, hotels, airfare, car rental) with no blackout dates and we can use any TA or PVP we want.

Archived