Balcony Cabins on New Royal Princess

LEtue

Does anyone have an insight on the obstructions on the BY, BW and BV balcony cabins? I have searched threads and pictures and can't seem to find anything that helps. The deck locations are better and since it only states that they are partially obstructed I'm wondering how much of an obstruction we could end up with.

Also, some of the BV cabins are mid ship and appear to have large but odd shape balconies too. Hmmm???

Moving to a BE isn't a lot of difference in price but again the locations aren't as convenient...

Does anyone have an insight on the obstructions on the BY, BW and BV balcony cabins? I have searched threads and pictures and can't seem to find anything that helps. The deck locations are better and since it only states that they are partially obstructed I'm wondering how much of an obstruction we could end up with.

Also, some of the BV cabins are mid ship and appear to have large but odd shape balconies too. Hmmm???

Moving to a BE isn't a lot of difference in price but again the locations aren't as convenient...

It appears to be just the life boats and tenders below you, and the only obstruction would be standing at the rail looking down to the water. I doubt if you would see them from the room or sitting on the balcony.

It appears to be just the life boats and tenders below you, and the only obstruction would be standing at the rail looking down to the water. I doubt if you would see them from the room or sitting on the balcony.

Hi,

we are booked in BZ so are hoping for at least some sight of sea and sky but at least we have a balcony....

Thanks to both of you. As long as I can see the ocean I'll be happy and I like being midship sailing out of FLL. Just can't bring myself to booking an inside any more :eek:

What you state does not appear to be true if you look at the construction photos. I have attached a link to a photo showing the lifeboat davits.

Royal Princess Construction - June/July

You can see that the davits extend all the way to the bottom of Dolphin deck and it appears they will be an obstruction from some Emerald deck balconies. It is unclear where the lifeboats will be located in relation to the top of the davits at this time. From other information it appears that the lifeboats may be entirely outside of the Emerald deck railing and many balconies may be looking over the tops of lifeboats or worse. We will need to wait for more information

What you state does not appear to be true if you look at the construction photos. I have attached a link to a photo showing the lifeboat davits.

Royal Princess Construction - June/July

You can see that the davits extend all the way to the bottom of Dolphin deck and it appears they will be an obstruction from some Emerald deck balconies. It is unclear where the lifeboats will be located in relation to the top of the davits at this time. From other information it appears that the lifeboats may be entirely outside of the Emerald deck railing and many balconies may be looking over the tops of lifeboats or worse. We will need to wait for more information

Thank you for the picture! It does appear that there could be major obstructions in relation to the balcony cabins on the Emerald Deck! I guess the description of "partially obstructed" is open to interpretation :eek:

• 9 months later...

Archived