Legend of the Seas - Coca Cola Freestyle

Hi!

Long time lurker, first time poster so, I hope I have this in the right place -apologies if not!

We are due to sail on the Legend of the Seas on 31st August from Rome to Venice and are in the process of deciding what beverage package, if any, to purchase.

We bought the soft drinks package on our Explorer of the Seas cruise last summer and loved it; mainly due to the Coca Cola Freestyle machines. Can anyone who has been on the newly refurbished Legend of the Seas confirm if the Freestyle machines have been rolled out on-board?

Any other tips on the Legend would be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

Long time lurker, first time poster so, I hope I have this in the right place -apologies if not!

We are due to sail on the Legend of the Seas on 31st August from Rome to Venice and are in the process of deciding what beverage package, if any, to purchase.

We bought the soft drinks package on our Explorer of the Seas cruise last summer and loved it; mainly due to the Coca Cola Freestyle machines. Can anyone who has been on the newly refurbished Legend of the Seas confirm if the Freestyle machines have been rolled out on-board?

No Freestyle machines on Legend yet.

HI! You probably have seen this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1876478 BUT Travel R has had a great post on The Legend. Also there is another post on All things Legend of the seas:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1836889 This one is great too!

I was wondering the same thing you posted about the new Coke Machine. Thanks for posting the question!

Gabrielle

Hi!

For more information on the ship, I would suggest taking a look at the All Things Legend of the Seas thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1836889 it has all kinds of information. There are a number of excellent reviews of the ship and the recent itineraries (since the refurb) [and I have included links to each of them in the thread] that include a number of hints and tips regarding the LOS as well (including my own reiview).

As clarea mentioned (probably one of the most knowledgable people on CC), there is no freestyle machines on the Legend yet. However, we got off of her a month ago and did purchase the soft drink package. You can get the soda using the card throughout the ship including the MDR and lounges/bars (although in the WJ was a hassle) which made it very convenient - all you have to do is show them your SeaPass card. If you order three sodas a day, it will come out to the same amount as the drink package - and we found it well worth it.

Thank you all so much for your quick replies!

I am about halfway through the "All Thing Legend..." thread and it's making me excited for the cruise!

I have to say, I am quite surprised that RCI didn't install Freestyle machines during the refurb, given that they have proved so popular on the other ships (I think they are more of an exciting novelty to us though given that we had never seen them before prior to last summer's cruise!).

I am surprised they didn't add the machines while in dry dock.

So far, it seems that Royal is only adding the machines to ships that sail out of the US year round.

I believe the freestyle machine works with a special cup/mug that you get when you buy the soft drink package?

If you buy the package, do you have to carry the cup around with you all the time, or can you still get a soft drink in a glass at any bar?

I believe the freestyle machine works with a special cup/mug that you get when you buy the soft drink package?

If you buy the package, do you have to carry the cup around with you all the time, or can you still get a soft drink in a glass at any bar?

You only need the special cup to use the Freestyle machine. Any bar or dining venue will serve you fountain soda based on the emblem on your SeaPass card. However your choices from the fountain machines will be limited to about 5 or 6 choices, as opposed to the hundred or so varieties in the Freestyle machine.

Archived