Red Sea Cruise Visa requirements

baytraller

We are looking to book a Red Sea cruise and are not sure of visa requirements for the various countries

These counties would include Israel, Jordan,Oman,Qatar and UAE

Some countries allow Cruise Ship passengers entry if part of a tour, we did this in St Petersburg

Other countries you may obtain a Visa at the port

If you stay on-board we believe no Visa is required

Any information would be welcomed

We are looking to book a Red Sea cruise and are not sure of visa requirements for the various countries

Some countries allow Cruise Ship passengers entry if part of a tour, we did this in St Petersburg

Your travel agent should confirm, but we recently visited Israel, Jordan, Oman and UAE on Azamara and we didn't need a visa, but did for India, which we got ourselves. I guess it would depend on where you're from too.

We have visited Egypt, UAE & Oman on Azamara & did not need to do anything about visas ourselves. We are doing a similar cruise with Azamara next year which also includes Jordan and have been told Azamara will organise all visas on board for us

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 10 months later...
We have visited Egypt, UAE & Oman on Azamara & did not need to do anything about visas ourselves. We are doing a similar cruise with Azamara next year which also includes Jordan and have been told Azamara will organise all visas on board for us

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

"have been told Azamara will organise all visas on board for us"

As a Host, are you in a position to have this information confirmed for Australians, as it has been for U.S., Canada and U.K.?

We and others have contacted Customer Service in Sydney, but they have not bothered to respond to emails.

Should have asked while on board last month!

Sorry, I don't know the answer for Australians. I can't see that it would be different but can't say for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks .... we must have been typing at the same time on the 28 October Roll Call!

I have just posted Azamara Sydney Customer Service response. :)

For those who are not on our roll call (Journey 28 October) I thought it was worth copying your post from there, Baynanno1.

"Eureka! I have just received the following from Azamara :

"Thank you for your email. For Australians the procedure is not very different from the Canadian email below.

For Egypt, Bahrain and Jordan we are able to issue a temporary visa onboard, charges may apply.

Oman's visa can be arranged onboard for an amount of USD 15$.

The UAE does not require Australian citizens to have a visa upon entry.

For Qatar you will need to arrange the visa yourself as we are not able to assist with that visa.

The visas being arranged onboard are simple group visas that we are able to issue onboard before arriving to the port. For the above ports the groups visas do cover you if you come in our excursions or if you wish to get off the ship on your own."

Bahrain and Qatar are on the 14 November cruise. For anyone on the next cruise, I have queried that the ship is unable to help with the visa for Qatar, as according to CIBT Visas www.cibtvisas.com.au Qatar does have a Visa on arrival facility, although it appears a certain amount of paperwork needs to be sighted."

The portion about If you stay on-board we believe no Visa is required is false. Unfortunately in some countries including India, a Visa is required no matter if you stay aboard or go ashore. There are recent reports of people who did not have the proper Visa being either not allowed to board or being disembarked due to no Visa or a Visa like a Business Visa for India which is not valid for a tourist visit. No different than the Yellow Fever shot required for Devil's Island that if you don't have it you will not be allowed to board your cruise even if you plan on staying aboard. Pays to be aware of the specific rules and not make generalities.

• 1 month later...
The portion about If you stay on-board we believe no Visa is required is false. Unfortunately in some countries including India, a Visa is required no matter if you stay aboard or go ashore. There are recent reports of people who did not have the proper Visa being either not allowed to board or being disembarked due to no Visa or a Visa like a Business Visa for India which is not valid for a tourist visit. No different than the Yellow Fever shot required for Devil's Island that if you don't have it you will not be allowed to board your cruise even if you plan on staying aboard. Pays to be aware of the specific rules and not make generalities.

If we need a visa for Israel & don't have it, will the cruiseline allow us to board a cruise stopping at Eilat, Israel? Can we stay onboard the ship without an Israeli visa?

If we need a visa for Israel & don't have it, will the cruiseline allow us to board a cruise stopping at Eilat, Israel? Can we stay onboard the ship without an Israeli visa?

More than likely no, you won't be allowed to board. For a specific and accurate response you have to check with Israel and/or your cruise line as morth than likely the cruise line won't let you board as they do not be responsible for you getting off the ship without the visa. There are country rules and cruise line rules and even if the country will allow you to remain on board without a visa the cruise line may not allow you to board as they want everyone on board to have the visa.

Nothing any of us on this board say can be taken as official. You have to do your due diligence and get the correct answer from the country and the cruise line. Good luck and just get the visa and avoid issues that may cancel your cruise without any refund.