Question about arrival into port and tour time

rabin1

Hi

I am on the Dubai to Athens cruise 2018. On May 11th we are scheduled to dock at Limassol, Cyprus at 12 pm. I was just looking at the ships tours EVERY one of them start at 8;30 a.m. which clearly cannot be so. Is there someone I should contact to point out this boo boo to?

Thanks

Kathy

Hi Kathy.

On our cruise (Dubai to Singapore last fall) the timing of the Land Discoveries (and the Land Discovery Brochures) weren't always updated to reflect the arrival and departure times of our cruise. This has been mentioned by many Azamara cruisers. With the new Destination Immersion focus, it certainly needs to be addressed. Hopefully, Bonnie will provide an update on efforts to make corrections.

• 2 weeks later...

Rabin1,

If you are using ships tours you can bet that they will marry up with ships docking time.

Who is to say we will not have had a nuclear war with North Korea by then and this will be the least of the world problems.

Said lightheartedly in case I get flamed for bringing politics to forum.!!!

I agree that a question asked 3 weeks ago should have been answered by Miami by now but that is the nature of the beast.

your cruise is still a year out; I'm sure Miami has plenty of issues to get straightened out for cruises that are closer to departing ;)

May 29th is one of them; we had a change in our cruise that we were informed of the end of last week and we are still waiting for revised tours

I noticed something similar today with our British Open cruise in July. The itinerary included in the shore excursions PDF file says we dock in Edinburgh at 9 PM on July 30th, yet there is an excursion on July 30th at 9:15 AM.

I had wondered why it would take 23 hours to sail from Invergordon, the previous port, to Edinburgh, but now I assume the docking should be listed at 9 AM rather than PM. I had just sent an email to my TA asking if she could confirm this with Azamara when I saw this thread.

Procter and Laurie

I know my cruise is a long way away. You are correct. Here is my issue. I have never been on Azamara before and I am reading about all their issues and this has me greatly concerned. If it were not for this itinerary that I want so badly I would for sure cancel the cruise. I am OCD and don;t like all their confusion. Quite frankly they are scaring me.

LOL

Kathy

Procter and Laurie

I know my cruise is a long way away. You are correct. Here is my issue. I have never been on Azamara before and I am reading about all their issues and this has me greatly concerned. If it were not for this itinerary that I want so badly I would for sure cancel the cruise. I am OCD and don;t like all their confusion. Quite frankly they are scaring me.

Kathy, please don't be concerned. We do tend to moan a bit about the pre cruise experience and Azamara management on the forum, but that is because we compare it to the onboard cruise experience, which is so good as to be almost perfect. Once you are onboard all will become clear to you why we love Azamara so much. There are no real issues here. It will be sorted out and then you will become an Azamara addict....just like the rest of us! :D

your cruise is still a year out; I'm sure Miami has plenty of issues to get straightened out for cruises that are closer to departing ;)

May 29th is one of them; we had a change in our cruise that we were informed of the end of last week and we are still waiting for revised tours

Laurie...maybe they are working on it now? I can't get into my shorex section on My Azamara and I could do so earlier. Hope so....I would love to go to Carcassonne if we have enough time there.

Hi Kathy. We started booking our Land Discoveries about 6 months before our 27 day November 2016 AZ cruise from Dubai to Singapore. I'm a detailed person also. That far ahead, some of tour times changed just a little bit (usually by a half hour or so). It all worked out just fine. You will love Azamara.

Laurie...maybe they are working on it now? I can't get into my shorex section on My Azamara and I could do so earlier. Hope so....I would love to go to Carcassonne if we have enough time there.

They've changed the Barcelona evening tour to a Flamenco show; still nothing for daytime there or for Carcassonne :(

My TA heard back from Azamara, and they said that yes, the itinerary is correct--we'll be leaving Invergordon at 10 PM and not arriving in Edinburgh until 9 PM the next night, and the excursion listing is wrong, and there shouldn't be anything listed for that day. Today when I tried to look at the PDF of the shore excursions, it says one doesn't exist. So maybe they're correcting the excursion date.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonnie

Any update on this? It has now been well over a month since I asked the original question.

I also have another question about Azamara. Why does Azamara have so many screw ups on anything involved with tours and the web site? Besides all I have read and my own questions not answered it concerns me greatly being my first time going on Azamara. Another question I have called about 3 times and so have my travel agent WHY does it say confirmed with 0 guests on the web site and I cannot see ANYTHING about my cruise except the tours I purchased on your web site. Also what is the reasoning behind having the packages for dinners in the speciality restaurants on the web site if you can;t buy them? I really dislike the fact I have to wait until I am on board.

I am having extreme difficulty comprehending all of these issues.

Thank you in advance

Kathy

Bonnie

Any update on this? It has now been well over a month since I asked the original question.

I also have another question about Azamara. Why does Azamara have so many screw ups on anything involved with tours and the web site? Besides all I have read and my own questions not answered it concerns me greatly being my first time going on Azamara. Another question I have called about 3 times and so have my travel agent WHY does it say confirmed with 0 guests on the web site and I cannot see ANYTHING about my cruise except the tours I purchased on your web site. Also what is the reasoning behind having the packages for dinners in the speciality restaurants on the web site if you can;t buy them? I really dislike the fact I have to wait until I am on board.

I am having extreme difficulty comprehending all of these issues.

Thank you in advance

Kathy

Hi rabin1,

We have always had an under-performing website...internally it's referred to as a Legacy Issue. And it's an issue we are constantly trying to improve using what resources we have available.

For those new to us, you might not realize Azamara is a very lean operation internally. Many years ago I worked for a line with only one ship that had twice as many home office employees.

Our tour division and priorities have changed significantly with the launch of Destination Immersion 2.0 a few months ago. Our tours are being 'revisited'...made smaller, and more immersive in the local culture. Thus one-by-one each voyage's tours are being revised or replaced. I've heard the team is working on Q4 currently. Once done everyone should be very happy with our tour offerings!

Hi rabin1,

We have always had an under-performing website...internally it's referred to as a Legacy Issue. And it's an issue we are constantly trying to improve using what resources we have available.

For those new to us, you might not realize Azamara is a very lean operation internally. Many years ago I worked for a line with only one ship that had twice as many home office employees.

Our tour division and priorities have changed significantly with the launch of Destination Immersion 2.0 a few months ago. Our tours are being 'revisited'...made smaller, and more immersive in the local culture. Thus one-by-one each voyage's tours are being revised or replaced. I've heard the team is working on Q4 currently. Once done everyone should be very happy with our tour offerings!

Thank you however you did not answer the question I asked about the original question a month ago. So does that fall under the answer you just gave me? Also about why it keeps saying 0 confirmed and I can;t see anything on your website about my cruise. You did not address those.

I guess the two reasons it bothers me so much is I am new to Azamara and with me owning an advertising agency if we messed up as much as Azamara I wouldn;t be in business very long...........lol

Thanks for all you do much appreciated

Kathy

The tours for 2018 have not been reviewed and revised yet. Personnel are working on Q4 2017, soon to move on to 2018.

As for 'seeing your cruise' do you mean seeing your booking's details? I believe this falls under Legacy Issues and has been a problem for as long as I've been here.

On this forum there are threads where a work-around is discussed by our frequent Guests.

The tours for 2018 have not been reviewed and revised yet. Personnel are working on Q4 2017, soon to move on to 2018.

As for 'seeing your cruise' do you mean seeing your booking's details? I believe this falls under Legacy Issues and has been a problem for as long as I've been here.

On this forum there are threads where a work-around is discussed by our frequent Guests.

Bonnie thanks again for the quick response. While I 1000% realize you are just the messenger a work around is kind of ridiculous. Why should a consumer have to do a work around to see something on a corporate web site and why after complaining by myself and my travel agent does the web site still say confirmed but 0 meaning no passengers names??. If all this has been there since you started does that mean the answer is there is no answerS? I get the feeling that Azamara is the step child of RCCL and Celebrity. Although I have been on them enough to know they have problems as well just not to this great extent as with Azamara.

It was explained to me by web designer that he thinks you guys farm these sites out to a company kind of like the airlines do and that could be the real answer. He said most probably they are not in house.

Thanks again much appreciated. Have a Blessed Day

Kathy

• 4 weeks later...

Bonnie

I have been trying to get an answer to this question since February and this is what I have done thus far and still no answer.

1. I called Azamara in February and again last month.

2. I asked the question of you on here originally in April and May and still no answer.

3. My travel agent contacted Azamara twice and no answer

4. I emailed Azamara customer service and was told the ship docks at midnight which is wrong as ALL of your documents I personally have and you have on you web site says it docks at Noon.

Every time I have talked to someone or my travel agent has and as you said it would be sent to IT

I do not understand in my limited brain how this buffoonery continues??

Kathy