Smart jeans in dining room?

trolleydolly

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/you-board/packing-tips

In keeping with our friendly yet sophisticated onboard environment, we encourage guests to follow a “resort casual” dress code.

Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt.

Formal evening wear is not expected nor required in our restaurants. If you prefer to dress more formally, you are welcome to do so. Please note that tuxedo rentals are not available onboard.

Hi. We are going on our first Azamara cruise this weekend (cruised a lot with RCI). Quick question. Can men wear smart jeans in the dining room/speciality restaurants? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi trolley dolly, and welcome!

Yes, smart jeans are allowed in our Main Dining Room.

Here's a thread where this was discussed last year. If you start reading from Post #23 you'll see the discussion re nice jeans.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2406673&highlight=jeans&page=2

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm a virgin Azamara cruiser so be gentle!

Doing a couple of cruises on the Quest in July and despite reading all the advice in this thread (which is less than 5 weeks old) the UK website says this:

"Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt."

Have the rules changed? Is there one rule for the Brits and another for the rest of the world ;p

I'm confused. Help!

(PS are smart, clean trainers/sneakers allowed in the main dining room for evening meals?)

Just had a look at the onboard dining page of the UK website https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/life-onboard/dining and the " Dining what (and what not) to wear" now says

"Bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and torn/distressed jeans are not allowed in the main dining room or two specialty restaurants. (Khakis and other trousers are fine.)

When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt."

Type of shoes aren't mentioned.

I always laugh my yuppie son keeps telling me his distressed jeans cost ten times what DH paid for his "smart M and S" number. And I keep telling him that's fine but there are many places he will just have to sit it out in the foyer. I'll never forget the time he first wore distressed jeans. His dear now departed school ma'am gran said "go and get me my sewing box" and then rounded on me for not looking after him as I should when he came home from University.....:.

Thanks for the swift reply. I can see where the confusion is now. There is conflicting info on the website. I was quoting from this link:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/you-board/packing-tips

They obviously forgot to update that bit of the website when they changed the policy about jeans a year or so ago.

• 3 months later...

Glad I did a search on CC and found this thread because when I read the FAQ on the Canadian Azamara website it says no jeans. Ted likes to wear jeans now and again...good jeans; designer jeans. Not sure how smart they are but they're nice... maybe because they're Canadian :D. Based on what I had seen on the website I wouldn't have really packed any jeans.

Do men also wear sports coats in the specialty dining rooms as outlined below?

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-ca/discover/frequently-asked-questions

• What is the dress code?
    In all of our dining rooms we encourage guests to follow a “resort casual” dress code, following good taste and common sense. Bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and jeans are not allowed in the main dining room or two specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt.
    In Prime C, Aqualina, and Discoveries Restaurant, many guests enjoy dressing up. Formal evening wear (ball gowns and tuxedos) is not expected. We recommend that men bring a sport coat or suit; for women, dresses, skirts, blouses with pants and capris are all appropriate attire.

Depending on where we are going, but if it is warm/hot weather my jeans stay at home. They are too hot to wear when it is warm/hot. If we are going to the Arctic, they keep me warmer.

I have no issue taking a dressier pair of slacks to wear to dinner. It just seems to be more respectful to those around me.

John

Depending on where we are going, but if it is warm/hot weather my jeans stay at home. They are too hot to wear when it is warm/hot. If we are going to the Arctic, they keep me warmer.

I have no issue taking a dressier pair of slacks to wear to dinner. It just seems to be more respectful to those around me.

John

We'll be also taking dress pants but the jeans he wears are nice dark designer jeans that probably cost more than a lot of people's dress pants. No Old Navy or Gap for this guy.

When we go to very nice restaurants here in Canada, a lot of people are seen to wear dark jeans with a dress shirt.

No disrespect ever intended if he shows up in the dining room with jeans.

I was just confused because on the Canadian website under the FAQ for dining says they're not allowed so it's contrary to what has been said. Maybe it's just Canadians that aren't allowed to wear jeans lol. ;)

Do men also wear sports coats in the specialty dining rooms as outlined below?

Just off a b2b on the Quest. We saw more men wearing sport coats in the MDR and both specialty restaurants than ever before on Azamara. Women were also more dressed up than on previous cruises. They were still in minority but not by much.

Just off a b2b on the Quest. We saw more men wearing sport coats in the MDR and both specialty restaurants than ever before on Azamara. Women were also more dressed up than on previous cruises. They were still in minority but not by much.

That’s unusual, perhaps it was because it’s later in the season, or there was a greater number of first timers on board yet to fully embrace the Azamara culture.

We'll be also taking dress pants but the jeans he wears are nice dark designer jeans that probably cost more than a lot of people's dress pants. No Old Navy or Gap for this guy.

When we go to very nice restaurants here in Canada, a lot of people are seen to wear dark jeans with a dress shirt.

No disrespect ever intended if he shows up in the dining room with jeans.

I was just confused because on the Canadian website under the FAQ for dining says they're not allowed so it's contrary to what has been said. Maybe it's just Canadians that aren't allowed to wear jeans lol. ;)

I’ll let HQ know the Canadian site needs an update! Thanks for catching this for us.

Re sports coat- no, not required. But the restaurants can be chilly, especially if one has any degree of sunburn from touring. I’ve been brought a blanket by the waiter but so inelegant!